Dmitry's 1981 Nissan Silvia

Dmitry

cheers done,

tbh i got no idea what the wheels actually are, the only set i have seen around with the exception of the pic you posted.

anyone one here clued up about how to use a sr20de s13 ecu to run the z18? i know my way around electronics just am a little unsure as to how about actually getting it to work.

Sweet car dude.

I really dig these cars. (Seem to be too few of them around nowdays)

I dunno about using an SR computer, but I do know a guy who fitted full managemnt from a CA18det to a Z18et. The car went to invercargill, then the motor got sold to a guy who lives around the corner from me.

They adapted the CAS to the dizzy, and then just used the CA18 TPS, AFM, coil packs ignitor loom and computer to run it. This gives the advantage of computer controlled timing. With the stock ecu and dizzy, he had been getting pinging issues once the boost got up over 12psi. I don't know if it ever wound up getting powertuned. (He lived in Dunners, and my other mate with the nostune tool is here in CHCH)

One thing that did have to be done though was the CAS had to be dismantled, and the disc inside it needed to be inverted. This is because the dizzy turns in the opposite direction to the camshaft. It did run fine before it was iverted, it's just that it ran on two cylinders.

thanks mate :)

Are you referring to this one? http://www.datfusion.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=86

I have found that and it seems to be fairly straight forward. I have seen people say they got it running on sr20 ecus too and i would like to do the same for a couple of reasons:

A) i have a loom and ecu already

B) coilpacks for ca18dets are becoming harder to come by as most of them are old and worn down.

however, thinking about it now, with the ca18 setup, since it has four injector/ignition drives, am i able to run "wasted spark" coils off the likes of holdens etc but use 4 coils to drive the twin sparks? Would be interesting.

Do you mean never work on a standard tune or never work at all? I was planning on doing a nistune daughterboard + tune. In regards to a Link, I cannot find another cheap g3 and dont want to use any of the previous models. megasquirt i'm a tad iffy about, had read into it a while ago and the general consensus i got was they didnt have much resolution in their maps.

I wasn't refering to that thread as such.

Datsunboy is the guy with the nistune tool. He also does an easywire ca18 loom conversion.

He has been planning to do the same conversion to an L18. Given the antiquated nature of the Z series engine management, it makes good sence to change over. PLus you get the added bonus of the CA18 base maps to begin with.(after all, the engines are the same displacement) PLus if you use CA18det injectors, they're heaps bigger than the Z18 ones too.

a bit of useless information but the reason why the pistons have four valve cut outs is because you can see the valves are not in the same place on each combustion chamber, there are two different orientations which are obviously a mirror of each other. Instead of casting two styles of pistons they've made one piston fit all cylinders. This is why 4G63 8V pistons have cut outs for 3 valves and why 4G63 DASH 12V engines used VR-4 16V pistons.