77Magnum13hundy's 1977 Vauxhall Magnum

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

inlet manifold ready for a plate for the unknown 60 mm throttle body, mmm its off a toyota but not sure if its off a camry/celica 3sg or off summit bigga

SDC10490.jpg

next is the x member this is pretty tired and the top arm mount was super seized and needed to be sliced out...

SDC10492.jpg

the drivers side arm is still on so the gas will need to be put on it...

SDC10491.jpg

and the gear box mounts and x member, the t50 one sits not too far out so will need to suss where the engine sits first in relation to the final possie of this.

SDC10493.jpg

this is the stuff before its off to the engineering shop... before easter...

• 4 weeks later...

So heres the latest installment of the project...

Front end, new bushes, new bolts, springs, shocks, hubs off 18hundy and a set of cortina brakes from the mangere pickys, caliper sizes vary slightly but between the 13 hundy and 18 hundy calipers they dont seem much diff... anyways after a light grind it was good to go, 2.5 mm washers have helped keep it off the rim face. Have now put motor in for good and the clutch has been fitted and waiting on gbox x-member to be made up.

• 3 weeks later...

after the barina springs are in and some light truck shocks gabriels the back came down and the front was hit with standard viva shocks stiff torana springs and 10mm play... solved by 2 longer bolts and a horey cuppla nuts packed in... sweet. i am happy with that height for now...

vauxhil211.jpg

and the sills

vauxhil212.jpg

vauxhil213.jpg

the 175's on the front and the 185s on the back... seems not too stretchey

• 1 month later...

Well apart form it being dark and cold ive done fark all to the beast in the past month, I did however find some vital parts to ensure the stopping thing works when i tell it to. I originally had a 13hundy axel which had cable config handbrake, the 18hundy one used a steel rod mechanism and was totally over the top. I ended up chopping the y splitter thing (i call it) off another 13hundy axle and welding it onto the 18 hundy axle, now its sweet. The brakes are in but the park brake strength aint all that good, must need to bed them in for a few k's. Here is the last portion of the rust work using a gasless mig, thank god i can grind the splattery shit away...

vocks1.jpg

vocks2.jpg

vocks3.jpg

vocks4.jpg

SDC10576.jpg

SDC10577.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

so the weekend was looking good so i dragged her out to get some rays and sweep the floor of the garage before taking engine out for installing the spigot bearing and the oil turbo return.

SDC10579.jpg

got most of the stuff needed for this engine, considering i bought it as a long block.

voxx1.jpg

heres the new place i put in for the surge tank...

SDC10581.jpg

the extent of the rear arch i put in, alot better than waiting for the rust to set in and have to do it over again...

SDC10580.jpg

i love the stance of this thing... must make a goal to have it runnin for the summer time...

SDC10582.jpg

thats all for now :bounce:

• 2 weeks later...

prob what id do to save the fab work on the sump would be to reverse it and extend the pickup pipe, if the steering rack is at the front of the xmember, my initial thoughts were mount engine to xmemeber then when i tried to put the rack backin it would nt fit, even after some bashing. but yeh dunno what a 20v sump looks like, so yeh, reversal should be first priority id say then plan b cut the sump. beenfits of sump at back is wont get smashed if your droppin the bitch down.

• 2 months later...