MACKAZs 22 buick rat

shizzl

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay okay..Ive posted some, okay????? Photos gotta be clandestine, Old Man dont want anyone knowing our "secrets" (ie how we ave managed to get this for just over a grand, his words not mine. Its taken hours of figuring out.....Hes just a paranoid old cunt....lol

• 2 weeks later...

Cmon what do you wanna see??? This is a late 60s70s build!! Hot rod buffs, can you remember/were you born back then????Get out dads old Hot Rod mags and scan em..I need the input...Goal is 60s70s pushed outta shed, new red rims painted red and roll....

Glad you pointed that out. I wasnt keen on going and finding a mint rust free 1922 Buick chassis. They dont come available very often. The Stateside rat forums KillBillet and Rat Rods Rule have seen my build and Im getting plenty of encouragement from them. Heaps are built using Chevy S-10 running gear.Sure there are the purists who bag the use of them!!!There will always be someone with a negative opinion. Its all about cost and using whats in front of you.

• 1 month later...
Maybe a few more CLEAR picture updates will fix that...
That is true..

PS - close ups of rusty chassis rails is not interesting unless it has some sweet fabrication skills - progress of the whole car is preferable to me...

Point taken. Admittedly the updates are ass, but when scratch building a vehicle progress isnt really apparent until the body goes on. Latest update has some reasonable pics showing some of the fab work. Oh and power is on in the shed so lighting is far better

Unless Marty McFly somehow too a Haynes manual back with him, I'm fairly sure L200's weren't overly abundant in the 60's or 70's?

Or am I missing something?

yeah bro built not bought, use whatevers at hand and retrofit to suit.

enviable of the build, got to finish someting myself one day

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...