MACKAZs 22 buick rat

shizzl

Would like to channel, but wont happen. The Hobby Car Manual Rulebook requirements are pretty strict re seatbelt placement, If anything the floor will need to be below the chassis just to fit the seats in and get the placement right, goddammit

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has to have RETRACTABLE lap and diagonals in the front. There is a specific area in which the stalk has to be, its about 300mm square roughly, and same with the top mounting point for the diagonal, but thts a little bigger. Because its a 4 seater ( unlike a bucket) it cant have a roll bar because it will hinder entry/exit. Oh Its also gonna have no doors, kinda like this

33ml9o8.jpg

Has to have RETRACTABLE lap and diagonals in the front. There is a specific area in which the stalk has to be, its about 300mm square roughly, and same with the top mounting point for the diagonal, but thts a little bigger. Because its a 4 seater ( unlike a bucket) it cant have a roll bar because it will hinder entry/exit. Oh Its also gonna have no doors, kinda like this

What about the rear seatbelts?

Need to be a member of the "pig" site...... They more interested in showqueens/traditional hotrods, not the primer/rusty/cheap style.

I hang out at www.killbillet.com and www.ratrodsrule.com . Far better site. Besides the build thread on here will be the one I keep updated in detail, due to legality reasons Yanks dont understand....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Have worked on those rear ends before, They got a fibreglass leaf similar to Corvette, but have terrible triangulated arms that tend to go into extreme negative camber and cant get them to toe up properly. Not keen on that aspect. Ive acquired some short Koni (I think) adjustable coilovers, so the diffs gonna get 4 linked and them mounted up. If you wanna have a looksie giz a text, its being built in my old mans shed over in Maunu.

Now duck shooting season is over more assistance from Dad is going to be appreciated (He is half shares in it to help with finances etc) currently we are only working on it at nights with limited lighting, hence the shit pics) Ive posted a build thread on ratrodsrule.com , an American ratrod site and been getting some good comments.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...