MACKAZs 22 buick rat

shizzl

Thanks for the comments. I think the 17s work. It's difficult to give pic updates when everything you're doing is hidden underneath. Once the body is mounted I've decided to build a tub within the tub for a front seat back and sit directly on the floor. Will strengthen the body acrossways too.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone had any success making a car quiet enough for wof with real short pipes? I'm thinking of putting a Coby at each collector and that's it. All about looks, not performance. Grill/mock me now....

Cobies (cobys?) worked for my stuff but it really depends on how loud your engine is/who is testing.

• 1 month later...

I have one of these chassis under a glass 33 ford coupe body. To clean up the front end, I took the control rods (which run forward from the lower suspension arms to the front x member) and swapped them left to right, flipping them upside down. That way they point down, rather than up. Then I cut the front of the chassis off just in front of the front suspension and made two frame horns out of 3mm plate and 50x3mm flat. I welded them on with a pipe between and now the hole thing looks a bit like the front of a model A or 32 ford chassis. Sorry, had the engineer make mounts with rubber/steel bushes going across ways that screw onto the flipped over control rods and welded tags under the front pipe to mount them. Sounds like a lot of work but when you see it, its not that difficult and makes the front end look that much better. I actually mounted the swaybar underneath also. (flipped over also). PS after doing this I found it all works well but the front end was still to high. I cut 1 complete coil off the front coil springs (not with the gas axe) With that done, the original shocks still hold the spring tight as required. I am running 3l turbo diesel gear in this car and wanted 5 stud front end to match the 5 stud toyota rear. I got L300 discs and put them on, but make sure the discs are the same ie vented / non vented. Hope this helps. Watching with interest.

Macwood

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
8 hours ago, bigfoot said:

I still have the cover for that shifter. Will try remember to bring it next time we head up there

Mate, that would be shit hot. Been looking at that lately wondering how I was gonna make that......

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Yes. Deals all through my old man and his mate. Frankly everytime I mention it ol boy sweeps it under the carpet. I am really torn but new motor has same power, easier to get parts for, and I know them like the back of my hand