shizzl

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Can I make one suggestion? that you trim the sides of the cowl back to the top of the chassis,

Yes get rid of the seats you have

the seat set up in my 1927 ford rat rod I have a low bench seat witch was standed for the car, its not required to have head rests on the back I am told, 

• Like 2

That seat rules, sort of similar to the one i got, looking at it earlier tonight, (yes was in the shed!!!) Im thinking of chopping the arse out of the seatbase, putting a piece of rolled panelsteel in the middle to get it lower to the floor, then chop the sponge out of the middle and get it so its as close as practical to the driveshaft tunnel so i can still move it, getting the adjuster to work is gonna be tricky but have an idea for that. I figure i can get another 50-75mm lower down. All this to-ing and fro-ing is to try and get my shoulder as low as possible in the car so I dont need a  top seatbelt mount "pillar" that will look butt ugly...

that you trim the sides of the cowl back to the top of the chassis,

the seat set up in my 1927 ford rat rod I have a low bench seat witch was standed for the car, its not required to have head rests on the back I am told, 

Yup definetely happening those panels are currently the body mounts....... pics of said seat please. According to Hobby Car Manual if it is being registered as a 27 Ford, ie has original chassis under it you will get away with it, but if registered as a LVVTA new build (like mine) its a different story, well thats my interpretation of it anyway..

Some people have gotten away with just a lap belt on a LVV cert, I hope to do the same, I don't think I can get away with reging my rat as a 1927 as it has a 1928 model A chassis.

Its good to talk to a hot rod builder as they can tell you what you can get away with,

ecuq.jpg

3s4d.jpg

Here is my rat

• Like 3

Some people have gotten away with just a lap belt on a LVV cert, I hope to do the same, I don't think I can get away with reging my rat as a 1927 as it has a 1928 model A chassis.

Its good to talk to a hot rod builder as they can tell you what you can get away with,

ecuq.jpg

3s4d.jpg

Here is my rat

You gunna keep that forever? Or sell it to me at some point?

:D

• Like 2

• 1 year later...