MACKAZ's '22 Steel Buick ratrod, "Jailbait"

MACKAZ

Thread dredge. Have found a major balls up, pedal box is too high on firewall, by 85mm at least. I thought I'd be able to sneakily extend the pedal, but it will be outside the 1:7 measurement to be legal. Oh well where's the grinder??

• Like 1

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Haven't been around for a while. Work/life epically busy but I am back into it again. I fucked up due to lifting the cowl up. So what goes up must go down. Chop up the cowl and reinforcing and lower the pedalbox and steering column. Pics or it didn't happen

Made a purchase of 50x50x3,more 25x25x3 box,100x3 and 50x3 flatbar today. About to start the seat and seatbelt anchorages (the tricky shit). I've given up on the idea of back seats, just way too much political shit to deal with, damn you lvvta....

IMG_20180309_184518.jpg

FB_IMG_1571449375981.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Removed the master cylinder and booster and mocked up just the pedalbox and column. 

Made me a little bracket out of 3mm plate and bored it out to suit the steering column shaft Then migged it into place and gave it a grind up

I'm about to take the whole lot out and make the patch to cover this whacking hole. Over and out.

Lost pics. 

IMG_20191030_183458.jpg

• Like 1

Immediately after my last post i fabbed this patch and I've just finished welding it in. Gotta bore the holes now, that's gonna be fun
 Oh and I'll grind this shitty looking welds into shitty looking lumps, remember my pledge of no bog? Still stands (unless cert jerk has an issue with it)

IMG_20191030_185023.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Another pictureless update. Thought before I get àll skippy and build a seat I'd better check with lvvta the best way to proceed. As stated before the 4 seat idea has gone. Have had lengthy forum discussion as what this is classed as, and it is classed as scratch built. So I'm going to put 4 point harnesses in it, which means it requires headrests and apertures for the belts to go through. High back bench seat design is commencing....feel free to throw up ideas in the discussion thread if you got ideas, I'm struggling......cheers

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Went to Whangarei swap meet. Came back empty handed. Anyways plans for the Hemi are 6 straight pipes, necked down to 3/4 inch 19mm at the ends to shut her up. Also looking at making a "high-rise" inlet manifold from exhaust tubing and a lump of 75x50mm boxsection, topped with a trio of Holden single barrel carbs. Also on the cards a third pedal MIGHT possibly get squeezed in the footwell

• Like 7

• 3 months later...

Another typical MACKAZ pictureless update. Been put on hold again so I can get my house completely finished off. I'm gonna have a go at fitting a Holden MC6 "Torquemaster" 4 speed gearbox behind the Hemi. Workmate and I intend to strip the box down, cut the belhousing casting away, then Mill the front flat and build an adapter plate to mate it to the Valiant bellhousing. Am I mad? Yep. For added wank factor it's the same gear pattern as an original Chrysler 4 speed I had in my Charger, to the left and up

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Well, I've gotta wait a little longer. Sharn goes storage barn is on one side of a creek opposite to the entry. Guys recently had a flood go through his farm and its washed the culvert out. And guess what's on the barn side of the creek? The dudes digger, with only one track on it. And the other tracks this side. Bah, might be easier to try buy a 265.....

• Like 1

• 7 months later...