grunta

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

yea sure did  , after welding the massive patch in and clearing out all the crap i used rust roy ( metal primer / converter) then etch primer (batty b ) , there wasnt much origional metal left as i did the inside and bottom before i did the skin.

• Like 1

looked into getting a tailgate skin from auz, just for skin its $143 aus, would cost around $400 to get it here!!!

new plan gona just make my own skin/bottom quarter and weld n bog her up. why i didnt just do this to start i dont know!

This is it.

My dad bought a new skin for his VH taildoor in OZ. The freight was similar. So he got it freighted to his mrs mates house. Then he bought it, and new rear gaurd lower panels back as check in on his last holiday over there.

One time he even made his mrs bring a pair of pacemakers back as check in too. (She was not happy lol)

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Yeah man PCV valve, had this problem about a year ago.

Also what did you end up doing for a heater? I have no heater in my VC either, am probably going electric as its really hard to find factory heater controls. I'm thinking about just making up two "arms" on the outlet side of an electric unit going to the demister vents on the dash. Just keen to see what your solution was for ideas

i have factory heater and controls i've been piecing together for ages,missing 1 of the factory control but have ones for fan speed ( made a resistor pack cant remember ohms but 2 parallel for half juice or all juice ) and air flow direction(feet or dash ). haven't fitted it yet cause its hard to want drill holes in my dash ... kinda have to drill pilot hole in the support from the back before hole sawing 2 x 1 1/4" holes in the dash in the right spot...should really take it out.probably wont..

If i was to do again and couldn't find factory bits id go to pic a part and get a what ever one , build a steel box around it with 2 ports and use vacuum cleaner hoses from the tip shop straight up to dash vents with on/off controls and be done with it ... another thing im not super excited about having 2 massive hoses from one side of engine bay to other, might have to hard line it real sneaky like..

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...