cute wee gem

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cert check today on the Mark II went pretty well

Fit air filter to turbo (so kiddies can't put their fingers in there?)

Wheel alignment report, which is my biggest concern if camber is out of spec - will find out next time. Julian thinks it should be ok though.

Fit 2nd throttle spring, easy peasy.

Front struts too close to rims. So he gave me some Falcon discs out of the rubbish which I can easily machine down and use as a spacer. Then just drill & tap my hubs to suit. The discs are the perfect 5-6mm that we need and has the pcd all ready drilled. Too easy

• Like 2

Love the quality of your build tom. Super sweet. Any issues with the modified crossmembers/diff mounts etc?

Also, Thread spam, But who is this Kayne fellow? Does he do panel work only, or does he do mechanical stuff too.

Am almost keen to get someone to take my Z for cert with Julian, and remedy any things that come out of the cert... As i can't find the time during the week. Plus I'm in wellington and car is in Masterton.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah he was all good, he didn't even mention lowness, and even has a little guard rub on big bumps lol - will roll them when I paint it

It's not actually that low at the moment, plus you get 5% to play with so can go about 15mm lower I guess and still be covered by cert. Front wastegate hangs too low atm to go much lower but I'm gonna ditch that turbo/WG setup later anyway.

I think he might have been extra nice about the camber as well. He said he couldn't find the spec for the rear camber and "it's only just over 2 degrees so i put it through anyway" - what a GC

• Like 1