• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update!

JZA70 R154 from Yahoo Auctions Japan. Massive thanks to Alex and his crew at mlracing.co.nz for getting this to me. (for the same price as I sold my smelly old w55 for)

pds1nL.jpg

Mrs kicked me out of the lounge, so I took over the dining room instead.

EBPofr.jpg

New seals, reverse switch, Marlin Crawler bearing retainer, thrust washer (already installed in this pic), shift fork, shifter seat etc - Thanks to kpr for clearing up my confusion.

Swapped the LSD back into the supra housing and also put in a Weir performance kit to hopefully help the shitty Toyota LSD lock a bit better

bT4BZd.jpg

The Weir kit comes with shims and replaces the coil spring that pushes against the clutch packs with a solid spacer and 2 spring washers, which has doubled the breakaway torque

561_Suprakit2.jpg

The reason I went back to the Supra center is because it has an extra mount at the front. These cars tend to rip the factory centers out of the subframe with a little abuse even behind stock 7Ms lol

Subframe out

WBWbpe.jpg

The subframe needed modifying to fit the Supra center, here's a pic of the front mount I made. it's basically 4mm plate welded to the subframe with some tube and nuts welded to the top

YwQIZ4.jpg

PPcFuf.jpg

Reinforced the rear section where the diff mounts with 4mm plate

aCkvCI.jpg

SWKJDf.jpg

Solid diff and subframe bushes

DdMM5b.jpg

Painted bits and installed diff bushes

yDOYD5.jpg

So while the subframe was out I also ripped the fuel tank out and started preparing for the new fuel setup.

MgGZUQ.jpg

Walbro 400lph e85 pump next to the factory pump. It was a little longer but wasn't too hard to install.

Bkhpsr.jpg

pOe6ZU.jpg

The ID of the pump outlet was slightly smaller than the original Toyota fuel line (but bigger than the Toyota fitting ID), so the fuel now comes out of the pump, through the original hardline, then cut before the original (small) fitting and now has a -8 compression fitting with -8 line all the way up to the fuel rail.

I'm hoping this won't effect flow too much using the hardline? Forgot to take pics

I also tested the compression fitting up to the pumps relief pressure (70psi?) and it seems to be fine, although a lot of people warn not to use them for injection. It is hidden up above the tank where it can't get knocked and is away from heat so should be safe?

-8 ptfe line, was much cheaper than buying a decent 37 degree flaring tool for hardline. Will this be ok for cert? It is mostly protected by the subframe and then plastic covers most of the way up front

bMYddV.jpg

z9F0IJ.jpg

ID1000s

D3INXM.jpg

More dining room madness!

Wired in an Emanage Ultimate (lol), which was cheap, but some times I regret buying and wish I had gone with a standalone. We'll see how it goes first as I can't afford to change at the moment. Turns out I can ditch the distributor cap and run individual coils with it so may also try that later on if funds allow

4crqTY.jpg

I also tidied up a lot of the loom and moved some plugs to suit the new inlet manifold, and changed to bosch injector plugs

Engine bay looks a little like this at the moment, I had to pull the wiring loom apart again as the plastic bit around the injector plugs didn't fit with the new manifold and looked super ugly, so now it goes underneath and looks a lot tidier

I've also mounted a couple of oil catch cans and made lines for them aswell as a -12 oil drain

sUPIg0.jpg

etc

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

Been slowly doing bits n bobs on this over the last couple of months. Not currently living near the car and riding my dirt bike while the weather has been good makes for slow progress.

So while I was in the shed today I realized that if i just plugged a couple things in it might attempt to start. So, without even changing anything on the laptop - this happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMlHTer8Npk

Not even sure what the timing is set at, as someone has borrowed my timing light, and it turns out the fuel pump is sucking air as I ran it almost dry when I tested the pump out a couple months back

I was quite surprised it actually started :-D

• 3 months later...

Bought some Enkei RPF1s in 18x9 +35 and 18x10 +38. I was a little worried I may have fucked up the offsets and thought 18" might be a little large but I'm pretty happy with the fitment. Looks pretty sweet in person so can't wait to get it sitting on the ground again.

Just need to massage the lips a little to get it to fit

dZf5jd.jpg

255/35 in the rear and 225/35 up front

sVRNkB.jpg

Slowly getting there. Fully focused on the car now after a pretty messy few months.

XN7OwC.jpg

• Like 4