étude "Michael0008" B6D to BPT to KFZE to KLZE

michael0008

thought i would create a thread on here as theres a few bf fans :scratch:

any way its a Mazda Étude 1987 which is the very similar to a bfmp and are getting quite hard to find as there the couple version and have a 1.6 dohc from factory

DSCF0162.jpg

after alot of cleaning and put a face lift model 323 bumper on

smalln2.jpg

stock.jpg

back1.jpg

have different clusters to the standard bf one and lights up red not horrible orange :)

R.jpg

then i put a bpt which is a 1.8 turbo from a gtx into it :twisted:

the 1.6 was too slow

enginebay2.jpg

alot more cleaning :lol:

back.jpg

intercooler2.jpg

then long story after getting it going i drove it for about 2 weeks on 14psi then the headgasket went :oops:

soooo wanted to fit some thing different that no one has really tried to fit in a bf :twisted:

1-4.jpg

test fit :lol:

its a kfze out of a mazda lantis type r only done 65,000km too , has lsd gearbox and got the 5 stud brakes off it to try and fit on too :D

will upgrade to a klze later on which is the 2.5 v6

5-1.jpg

2-4.jpg

then after ALOT of playing around i manged to mod the engine mounts to bolt up to the v6

6-1.jpg

surprising the bonnet closes :lol: fits good but a bit close in some spots like a cm

PA230128.jpg

bit better brakes this time around, 5 stud too wow . but sucks as 4x114 wheels look better

rotors.jpg

7.jpg

also fitted the lantis brake booster and master and converted the clutch from cable to hydraulic and made up a pulley to remove the power steering pump as i couldn't fit it as it hit the body

finally got my bbs wheels 16x7 40 offset and weight of a wheel is 6.2kgs

and look ****ing good

149617626_full.jpg

bbs.jpg

also got my custom radiator made up to fit under the radiator support bar as theres noo room

3 core 50mm thick and brass and copper

2222.jpg

two 12 inch fans on the front

fanss.jpg

also manged to fit the lantis rpm gauge into the bf cluster, as 6 cyl engine with a 4 cyl tacho reads offf by heaps looked cool tho revving to 12,000rpm :lol:

tacho.jpg

also tyres are 225s hahaha

and 5 stud back which is a hugeeee mission :rolleyes:

side2.jpg

side1-1.jpg

front2-3.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/Michaelooo8 ... gLMbMOYwsY

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mother of god those are some hefty balloons you have mounted on your dubs.

For your safety, you should consider a hefty dose of slam.

Interesting project however, is that a 2L currently in there? They sound pretty choice with the exhaust opened up and generous use of the accelerometer.

Mother of god those are some hefty balloons you have mounted on your dubs.

For your safety, you should consider a hefty dose of slam.

Interesting project however, is that a 2L currently in there? They sound pretty choice with the exhaust opened up and generous use of the accelerometer.

yip sure is a 2l one at the moment will put the 2.5 in later on ,just got the motor for cheap and came with gearbox and the guy didn't know it was lsd haha

and ohhh yes it needs slamming big time that was the thing when i went 5 stud it raised it heaps also got the tyres for $1 haha so cant complain ,but will be getting rid of them soon as clearances are a bit too close :lol:

should really get a new video of it tho, those videos are low revs as below 4

my mate had one of these with a bpt or something in it making some stupid power with all the gizmos on it was a wicked car nice work with the engine conversion

ive seen a pic of that one, it WAS mint

is your mate Flannels? ive only ever seen 3 études around and thats one of them :)

cheers for the comments guys :)

shizzl its just the tyres 225/55, will be getting some 205/45 so i can turn my wheel with out hitting the guard and so the tyres tuck in a bit better :lol:

also anyone know of a supercharger that is a little bit smaller in width to a sc12?

the plan is to supercharge it if possible but room is a little tight ,i worked out a sc12 would just fit and have a gap of about 6cm between it and the radiator so no room for the pipe to fit on :?

also anyone know of a supercharger that is a little bit smaller in width to a sc12?

the plan is to supercharge it if possible but room is a little tight ,i worked out a sc12 would just fit and have a gap of about 6cm between it and the radiator so no room for the pipe to fit on :?

What about one of those IHI chargers off a KJ-ZEM miller cycle engine?

95-02-mazda-millenia-s-supercharger-ihi-honda-acura-420hp-635cfm_5119394.jpg

na his name was David it was mint from memory it was on white te37s with the numberplate bptpwr or something like that

That was Dan aka 'flannel's car, he built it nearly 10 years ago, was a seriously nice little car that one.

I did a tiny bit of work on the original build of Dan's BPTPWR.

Just found out this week that it's on blocks and being sold as parts. LAME. :(

We have spies everywhere..... 8)

na his name was David it was mint from memory it was on white te37s with the numberplate bptpwr or something like that

That was Dan aka 'flannel's car, he built it nearly 10 years ago, was a seriously nice little car that one.

I did a tiny bit of work on the original build of Dan's BPTPWR.

Just found out this week that it's on blocks and being sold as parts. LAME. :(

We have spies everywhere..... 8)

yea so if anyone wants to rescue it i have his details what happened from memory he was sacked from his job then he was trying to sell it for ages then i think it slowly started to be parted out as he needed the money with no job

• 1 month later...

:lol: just to show how close wedged in it is and omg my new camera is soo much better at taking pic's

SAM_0283.jpg

SAM_0228.jpg

:lol: need to cut more off the alternator bracket , now see why i had to go to a custom radiator for outlets and size to fit under radiator support

SAM_0223.jpg

2cm between the master and engine :rolleyes::rolleyes:

SAM_0216.jpg

N/A POWER FTW decided to go na for a change so plan now is megasquirts ms2 v3 with 6 coils or 3 in wasted spark and some nasty cams and of course itbs :lol: as a sc12 wont fit :rolleyes:

also mail man arrived with my 2 sets of 4age silver top itbs and fan controller and has temp display too wish is great as cluster one is off by heaps :D

itbss.jpg

itbs.jpg