étude "Michael0008" B6D to BPT to KFZE to KLZE

michael0008

new daily driver a tow car for the other one :)

shhh 2.5 v6 klze ford laser! :twisted:

soo on Saturday after work decided to go get it that day, booked the tickets with in the hour got a flight to Auckland from palmy

ended up missing my other flight to Tauranga from Auckland so had to wait for the next flight 2 hours and a bit later in the boring airport made it there

drove it back from Tauranga no wof/reg/cert :| all the way to palmy about 3am on the Sunday

anyway heres some pics started fixing few things on it today and took it for a wof

SAM_2665.jpg ................ SAM_2662.jpg

SAM_2659.jpg ................. SAM_2656-1.jpg

SAM_2674-1.jpg .. ............... SAM_2668-1.jpg

SAM_2653.jpg

not too bad of a wof for a car that hasn't had a wof in really 3 years it goes really well with plenty of torque had a great drive on some windy roads yesterday pulls hard :D

anyway plan is to fix it up get it certed and use as daily driver and hit the track in it once a month and the étude will still conclude but more as a full on track car :wink:

lightened flywheel, GTR 4wd clutch

external coil

Stainless headers, 2.25" exhaust from collectors to muffler, 2.25 out

2.25" catconverter

Mazda MX3 subframes , front & rear

Mazda Lantis brakes front and rear

Mazda MX3 brakebooster and new 3/4 mastercylinder , stops on the spot

Toyota AE111 rotors (275x25)

close ratio-ish LSD gearbox, max 215kmh @7.5k

only front seats (GTX style buckets) back seats removed

bg axle, mx3 drivers axle

Enkai RP01 wheels with street tyres

Advanti CPO05 wheels with semi slicks

and some other stuff

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

be706f3.jpg?1356252254

had a bit of fun at Manfeild in the laser was great once i manged to get a full 3 laps, had brake problems at the start the rotors heated up alot and ended up touching the inside the caliper bracket :doubt:

i upgraded the brakes to eunos 800 twin pot calipers and the ae111 rotors been turned down to 260mm should of got another mm taken off instead took a die grinder to the calipers bracket where it was touching at the track got some sweet looks from people well doing soo..

and ended up getting overheating problems with my custom 3 core brass radiator hoping its just not bleed fully, as it would be fine one sec then not the next then fine again was crazy hot tho about 30 degs then had fans on hot to try and help cool it down :lol:

was funny how many people thought it was turbo :icon_smile:

question with my actual project after having cooling problems with the laser started thinking im going to have to do something with the other car ones, as i cant fit any bigger radiator due to space so requires cutting

cutty_zpsacb06be9.jpg

would this be fine to do for cert wise and on the track, might also tubbed the guards a little depending on how well the front goes so i can run wider tyres then 205s..

any suggest or comments on whats not allowed would be great :iconbiggrin:

yea i will give it a go with one fan only and kind of make a shroud should be ok its a brass/copper 3 core one

and progress for the other car

cuttystyle_zps60542fa1.jpg

started cutting to make room for bigger radiator ,more space around engine ect bit ruff but plan on removing more so doesn't matter

cuttystyle1_zps6b7f67f5.jpg

plan to do the above with a tubed lower radiator support too and maybe another tube from the strut towers to the front of the chassis rails and then 8 point roll cage in the back

then slam it some more 8-9cms and get wider tyres then 205's :lol:

then hopefully start saving for some engine parts, Zetec shimless buckets ,2.0DOHC Neon titanium springs and titanium retainers+scat 347 rods and CZT 12:1 pistons should do the job

• 6 months later...

This etude is up for sale.

Micheal has lost interests in this and wants to scrap it

has got whiteline sway bars all new nolathane bushes for everything

basically nothing has changed from his last post. the motor is a bit apart tho