azzurro's 1969 FIAT 125 discussion

azzurro

Loving the tunnel vid, just wondering if there is anything fancy with your exhaust system, sounds pretty civilised?

Are you willing to part with any engine bits? I've gone and busted my oil filter casting, if I can't fix it i'll be looking for another.

you just want a regular oil filter housing with the filter pointing straight down next to the sump? I should have one kicking around

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May put a 'T' into the heater/rear head so the coolant is always looping through the rear of the head (suggestions on this welcomed!) and a new radiator is also on the parts want list - probably modify a RX2/3/4 job as they are cheap and plentiful, depending on the price of a custom job.

My heater tap seized up and once it started leaking I just joined the hoses up to bypass the circuit til I can source a new tap, it has had a drastic effect on engine temp, it now sits 20deg lower and solid, no longer rising and falling with the thermostat, I'm told its best to run the engine colder to improve flow over #4 but that might be too much? 

• 2 years later...

they are pretty good tbh, the base plate bolts to the ground and has welded uprights and rachets, all the members clip together and the factory cover ties it all down and in with the rachets, and each end has a fixed cross tie as well. 

in my application i replaced the factory cover with a tarp and rachet straps to tie it together, no cross tie and inverted the arch to make it taller and narrower. The tarp i got is silver and black so its dark under it, factory cover is white and it was very bright inside.

My place gets pretty windy, and its held up fine, curved shape and being open at both ends and the base probably helps spill any wind that does get under it, and so it rocks and creaks a bit but on a relatively sheltered flat site out of the box i wouldnt worry about it structurally at all, . 

Only thing is the cover (mine was second hand and had been up for 5 years) got a bit perished and would likley rip eventually, but you can buy new ones from them. Given they are supposed to be 'temporary shelters' thats pretty good.

Mine is the 'Le Grande Garage' and its massive, ive left off one whole arch section lengthwise and had to narrow it as well.

A+ would trade again

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well its all relative, but it is only rusty sheet metal. This bit went well for me because the big outer patch fit very nicely nearly first time.

Chop it out, CAD it up, birdshit it in, flapwheel it back.

All my patches are made with cereal boxes, snips, a vice and hammers. You can do eet!

• Like 4