Alex's 1968 'oldman special' HB Viva discussion....

yoeddynz

Please update house truck fred.. I'm so keen to see more of that.. rotors are cool and all but... well you know.. LOL

hear hear my man, I say, do update the housetruck thead, oh please that would be spiffing !

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep- ok I'll update the housetruck thread but I have to make somethings today first so I can make an update....

I did fix a knackered Makita battery last night by swapping cells from another bad battery to make one good one... i'm proud of that plus its saved me $100 plus!!! (plate/housing money...)

ah bollix as they say,just back from travels catching up on all the happenings and saw this i thought it would be burning rubber by now,so what do you need to get in laymans terms non of this 13b etc etc so i can keep an eye out up here the guy i found with the avengers has a few mazdas lying around.

sorry to here about the tale of woes at least it didnt shit itself somewere on the road 100kms from anywere...

Cheers Dave. Did ya parents enjoy the travels?

Well Uterus is gonna donate me a rx4 housing for the cause!!! Fucking top marks to him! Cheers man!!!! :D8)

I have a centre plate on the way down too so I think apart from new water seals I'll be all good to go. I've a contact here in Blenheim who builds a lot of rotaries so I might get him to help out with reassembly as ya just cant beat a bit of experience.

Love it how your 2 peice s5 corner seals appear to be missing half of them (hopefully its just the photo angle and hasnt been running like that)

And also dont port that 6 port centreplate or youll likely crack through the to the water jacket, you can flow em a lil bit but be very carefull

cool stuff man how many vivas have you put a rotor in now?

I have the same problem with my hc viva's throttle you had.

buggers about your engine.

i have access to acid tanks at my work if you wanted some help cleaning up your housings

Yeah cheers H8V8S for the heads up. All the tips/seals are fine. Must be the photo? Anyway I was told by richard at greenbrothers that it was a 12 6 port and to check the runner heights - well mini disaster as far as buying the wrong parts avoided. As soon as I got up this morning I lined up all the housings/plates and discovered this...

190320113694.jpg

So 12a 6 port plates are a no no. The runners are 15mm lower then my normal 12a runners. I rang the fella I bought the plate from and luckily he was in town on his way back through from his 20b collecting mission in Greymouth. So he has taken the plate back no worries.

Now back on the hunt. I'm gonna try the fella I've been suggested in Nelson as we are heading that way next week.

So a housing is on the way- big ups to Uterus for his donation! (what is this dark horses name- is it Simon?)

I'd really like to try and get this car on the road and possibly make the oldschool meet in that island above the mainland :D I'm not going to commit to it yet as car is not..

a; complete

b; going

c; legal- certed etc

d; that big money pit that feeds cars is getting very dry. I'm doing my best to sell shit on trademe that I don't need- problem is people don't want to buy shit.

I'll keep ya'll posted.

It's times like this I regret throwing away a 3b center plate back when I didn't know any better.................

I had a spare centre plate aswell, went hunting through the shed yesterday for it but dunno where the fuck its gone and have a funny feeling i gave it away :cry:

• 3 weeks later...

Can you post more pics of that port? Where youve opened up that top hole has it broken into the water jacket? and porting down is never ideal, have you come below the runner or flush with the bottom?

does look like a nicely done port job though, very smooth flowing and not tapered downwards.