Alex's 1968 'oldman special' HB Viva discussion....

yoeddynz

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, not a speed camera unless some bastard set one up in the back of our rental car while were out ;)

Thanks for letting us film and drive your car, I'm absolutely in love with the Viva, even the 1000hp Skylines and stuff we did later in the trip were not quite as much fun in my opinion.

Can't wait to see how the films come out, and don't forget to drop by for some beers and the loan of an MX5 bellhousing when you're in Welly next!

• Like 1

I could do with 1000hp in one of my Skylines, they're probably a little iddy bit too old to handle it, try and coax a thou out of the old pushrod 1.9 4banger perhaps.

Giant snail on it mate, that'll solve it.

Also.

Really keen to see these vids. What's the release on 'em?

• Like 1

Can't wait to see how the films come out, and don't forget to drop by for some beers and the loan of an MX5 bellhousing when you're in Welly next!

On our way back through after the nats we can pop by or if its ok stay over? PM me your address and we can discuss. I'd like to get to take the lantis for a spin :-)

Kia ora Alex,

Just read through your build and I have a question about the old 12A set up. When you drilled and tapped the compressor housing for your fuel drain, where did you drain it? Did you have some sort of return to the tank or back to infront of the carb? I'm trying to think of ways that you could plumb it without causing a massive boost leak.

Cheers
Ethan

PS Jealous of you meeting and greeting Matt Farah haha

Hi, It went from the bottom of compressor housing to a point on the inlet manifold. Ihad never got my head around whether it was pressurised one way or the other. I figure at idle when there is the most vacuum it would always be sucking from the inlet. At boost- well the Pushy pushy snail is trying to push air out and that fuel pickup was not far from the the end of the snail so no real loss.

Where's Dave when you need a 42 page description of possibilities?.....

• 4 weeks later...

Just watched that vid, I never knew just how much work you had put into that thing guys! Will now have to spend an hour or two reading your build thread to see just how you went about it. They really did that car justice though, loved the way they pieced your story together.

• Like 3

Cheers ! When you read the thread please excuse the missing pictures due to imageshack being knobs. I intend to fix it by using another hosting site or even host them via this damn fine forum. Its gonna take bloody ages though! :-(

I'll have to get the smoking tire crew back after I throw a V12 into the Viva wagon.....:-)

• Like 2

Very cool man, I would say you're a lucky man, but that would diminish all the hard work you have both put in everything you do!

I honestly wish you all the best with fixing cars for money and stuff & look forward to the next project( are you serial about the V12?!?!) 

I'd love to just send you a bug, a WRX engine and box, and said Gimma a baby porsche.   :-D

• Like 1

All that car needs done now to be perfect in every way is for that head liner to be tucked up neatly.

Such car, much want

Ha yeah- my thoughts exactly when I saw it! Annoys me seeing it all messy. I had been intending to fix that for bloody ages and was just one of those silly easy little jobs Ive never got round to. I actually fixed it the morning before we left for the nats! So that just shows the importance of oldschool nats then eh :-)

Micheal- whats your you tube user name?