gto1973 1973 mitsubishi gto

gto1973

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i like the look of bolt on flares better than moulded ones. your guards look better than them the green cars ones an i like the red better.

its a nice replica though, that an nz car? have you got a standard engine? what mods have you done? brakes or anything?

yea i like the look of bolt on flares better than moulded ones. your guards look better than them the green cars ones an i like the red better.

its a nice replica though, that an nz car? have you got a standard engine? what mods have you done? brakes or anything?

both nz cars, red & green

most of the gto's are in nz and japan and a few in malaysia

i had some big plans for a turbo twincam swap, but decided to simplify and go with a 2.6 & twin mikuni's

(i don't know how much you understand the terminology we use, so just ask if you need clarification)

when i thought i was going turbo, i went ahead and did a front big brake swap which turned out to be major overkill

i should post up some pics or really i should open my own thread instead of hogging up yours haha

lol its algud, bt pics would be great!!

oh yea what were your brakes off?

i like my 4g63 sohc 8v lol iv been looking at threads on r1 carbs :D

so im pretty keen on getting some of those and it sounds cheaper than twin webbers

or similer an they look good!! i dont wana go turbo but it still needs to go.

iv driven it about 5 times an it went well for wat it is its got a lightend fly and a high lift cam

i think or race gta hot cam any way oh an extractors

havnt driven it for a few years now :( an people tell me to lose the balance shafts an get it balanced

an put electric fans in for a bit more power

is that not the same engine as mine?

yea somone said starion brakes would bolt straight on. gta love the solid discs ae haha.

thats a nice car hes got!

i dont know what mikunis are they sidedraft what they priced like?

do they do a 4g63 without the mech fuel pump? the inlets are so close together

an i still cnt believe how big your brakes are bet it stops quick

The engine is the same as what you have in the end ie. a sohc 4g63 and they can be run using either mechanical or electric fuel pump. Those torque rods look like they will do the job with a little work. Thanks for that dimension, but really need the inside diameter of the spring eye.

Below is a photo of the 16L with sidedrafts on a sohc 4g63.

3e7d4a81789240.gif

Z33 is a 350z from my understanding. My front brakes are a little smaller using disks and calipers from an e30 BMW. As you can see the caliper brackets are not a simple solution. The disks have diameter of 260mm and should fit under most 14" wheels.

a7c0dc56935291.gif b2bae256935299.gif 09ff4856935306.gif 17cd9d56935318.gif 704c2456935325.gif 4b160a56935333.gif

Here are some photos of a twin cam being dummy fit in a GTO's engine bay.

b21f8c74867780.gif

1b410393403753.jpg

gta admit it does look nice sittng in there but i do like the sohc engine i like carbs an dizzy lol does the dohc have a dizzy

yup weathers turned bit crap lol ill rip it off next dry day for ya

thats your 16l? so can i pretty much adapt any 114 discs to fit my car?

nice job with the adapter plate! an the manifold those ports are close together

think ill be making me a stainless manifold when i get the funds to buy some carbs

thanks for the photos to guys!

The 16L isn't mine. The dohc doesn't have a dizzy. The rotors on the GTO attach on the inside face of the hub and the bolt PCD is 86mm. However, have a look at this thread on classiccolt http://classiccolt.forumcircle.com/view ... sc&start=0 for other solutions (you may have to login to view). In general you'll want to use rotors that have; four bolt holes (easier redrilling), a centre hole (67mm) and overall depth (30mm) close to the factory. Have a look at a dba catalogue to find suitable donors (GTO rotors are dba 210).