gto1973 1973 mitsubishi gto

gto1973

The are available on trademe, but read this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25078 first. I have never built one myself and if I was going to go megasquirt I'd be getting one that had been assembled by a reputable manufacture.

ITBs can run batch if all the injectors are after the throttle plates, but it is usual to run them as sequential.

Thanks, its the one next to the gold in the earlier photo and is pretty much original :D

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice the gold one yours to? iv seen 1 sitting in a paddock on the way to work recognised the tail lights been thinking i should hit the guy up might be good for parts http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/electronics/auction-423587415.htm what did you pay for your link? any idea what sort power id be getting outa my engine with the 1.6l head? because some of the 63s put out 170 would it be more less?

just read that link you gave me that sucks diy auto tune gt everything on there though

The Gold isn't mine. The link was just over twice the price that megasquirt you linked to. Power output would depend on a lot of things but all things being equal and using those high compression pistons the max power should be about the same, but improved mid rev power and torque.

That's right I'm not using the 4g61 head, I'm using the RVR head instead due to the front cas and the evo 4 inlet manifold port matches without having to use an adapter to take into account the shape differences (port centers are the same).

The 1.6 heads are not especially rare. The front cas trigger wheel and cam gear of the RVR turbo will bolt onto any 4g63 camshaft, the difficult part as I said earlier is the mount for the sensor on the head. At the moment mine is on a Kelford 264 camshaft. The factory cams to use are from an AMG 4g63 (very rare) and the next best choices would be from a non-turbo 93 or newer RVR or from a VX-S galant.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...