ruff kunt automotive's MS45 crown barnfind

Camel

So fell upon this by a stroke of luck and couldnt resist it. Tis the only one i know of and have ever seen before in nz. REGO IS ON HOLD which just made it that much sweeter. Plans are completely redo all brakes as they are stuffed, give it a thorough check over, wof it and roll for summer. Just took it for a wee doddle with pweston and has a crack up pull out cable lever on the dash like a choke, that makes it neutral when coasting, took a bit to figure out and is quite loltastic. Also has some big electric motor looking thing hanging off the sandwich plate on the box that I can only guess is an electronic overdrive, will investigate further.

Specs

three on the tree manual

2300cc 2M of Doom

four wheel drum brakes

Some pics

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

So got up early this morning and cracked into the car, luckily i did as its now pissing down. Managed to strip all four brakes and the rest of the linings look ok which is sweet. All 6 wheel cylinders where seized but all the fronts look like theyll get away with a hone, one of the rear should be sweet with a hone but the other will probably need sleeving. And all four drums need a skim to bring them right. Will drop it all into a brake place tomorrow and fingers crossed can get it back mid weekish! Had a bit of a look at the engine yesterday, got temp gauge working, cleaned up points etc. Starts first pop everytime and idles sweet, has a slight miss that ill investigate later on. Plan is to hopefully get brake shit done, slap back together and borrow spankdiddys wheels n should be able to take for a proper drive!! 8)

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So ended up taking a gamble and purchasing some hilux front hubs/brakes that i hoped would fit the front. Had to use the hilux lower balljoint which meant enlarging the hole in the lower arm which took a while as i couldnt find my dremel so had to hand file it :?

Anyway heres a pic of them next to eachother

DSC_0064.jpg

Also hiluxs have their steering on the front and crown is on the rear but the steering arm unbolts from the hub so just had to drill the holes from 10mm to 12mm and it bolted straight on!! STOKED.

DSC_0067.jpg

Also changed waterpump which was a bit of a bitch as fan and pulley are pressed onto it, big ups to E for the borrow of the workshop and a hand in getting it done. Thought it would be rude not to lop a coil or two off the front springs while i was at it, thought 2 would be a good starting point and cut the bumps right down. Then last night went to the fort and stole diddys wheels off the wagon as the factory 13s dont fit over the disc brakes. Then proceeded to remove rear springs so i could get front sitting right and then put the bitch back on the ground. Looks pretty sweet in my opinion however the front is pretty much on the bumps so guna have to find some more springs and raise it a tiny bit, then cut rear springs to suit.

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

Discuss Camels ride here

PICLESS UPDATE

Well brakes are all done for now, really need to test drive it to see exactly how bad it is with the factory master. Rear springs and bumps are cut and rear is sitting back down on the ground. Engine stz is pretty much done just waiting on radiator. Found out that XF falcon springs are the same size as fronts, stoked, so will try sus a set to cut. Fukn itchn to take it for a drive, is getting so close!!

• 2 years later...

hey boes well this fine piece of ass fell into my hands the start of last week and it is awesome.

have done a bit of work and driving in this thing and loving it to pieces!

first thing was to fix the huge oil leaks and timing issues  so off came the timing cover only to find the everything completely in the wrong places glad no valve damage had occured so whiped off the chain aligned up all my timing marks swaped the tensioner out as the old one was fucked  slapped new gaskets and gaskets on problem solved

next was the carby big shout of to our area rep deon goodest cunt! it had major issues was cloged up with shit and had isuues with ivor flooding the engine or running the fuel bowl dry which is gay! i found out the hard way in town on friday opps! deon shot out after work on friday and gave her a spruce up! whangarei old school whanu chuur

gave the under side a good clean! 

and just been driving it round sounds soo mint with little to no exhaust!

so yeah ill keep you people posted! 

photo dump!20131015_144347_zpsabbd3a24.jpg20131015_144449_zps83e1c7c8.jpg

20131015_144416_zpscf32b691.jpg

20131015_144437_zps6a370f33.jpg20131015_144644_zps5326f716.jpg

20131016_134147_zps5640b64c.jpg20131016_134201_zps9d129750.jpg

20131016_150804_zps2742b02c.jpg

20131016_150810_zpsfc140cec.jpg

20131016_154223_zpsf8aed5f3.jpg

20131016_150518_zps875d8503.jpg

20131016_150529_zpsf23f95c4.jpg

20131016_150728_zps66a65807.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Im back!

Well ive been chipping away at this old girl over the last few months, have been doing alot of small things to get this old girl on the streets legaly

my daily driver has decided to get diesel bug so have been driving it daily often but as of yesterday she all legal beagle 

she now has 

*brand new fully exhaust system 2 1/4" straight through bit on the roudy side 

*new hilux front shocks in the rear all captive and snug

*new supercats cheers to old deon (MACKAZ)

*new rear view mirror as factory dash one was goners

*new seatbelts

* full under body grease 

*lights ect

and what  ever else 

i was surprised on the clean sheet this old girl got!

so bring on the next six months! 

next on the list is to get a small muffler in the rear as this thing is cackley as fuck

also full sound system any one got advice on this i was thinking of running 6" speakers in the kick panels and a box with 6x9 and 12" sub in place of the old ac unit!

1530496_10202476710713361_373335833_n.jp

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

ahhh yes im back again!

had a few hickups over the last few weeks. but all is good now!

First of all the old girl decided to not start again out side the local Chinese take away, i just though oh she just has a flat battery old mackaz the gc came to the rescue left the brews to help the fellow oldschooler! choice! hooked her up to the battery he raided out of the old bighorn and she fired to life mint! untill we unhooked the jumperleads and all life was lost! STINK EH alternator issues so we jamed the huge diesel battery in the engine bay and got her home! 

took the alternator to a local auto sparkey his final verdict was shes dead boss so the hunt begain!

retrofitted another jap alternator and it was charging sweet took it for a drive and fan belt shat it self so new one was in order all sused 

also was sick of all the oil leaks 

found:

*not even tight oil filter (replaced with new item)

*loose sump plug with a weird broken o ring jamed underneath (used a pritty fiber washer)

*most of the sump bolts loose (tightened them the fuck up)

*replaced old yuck oil with new 20w50 choice

*chucked the air cleaner on with aid of a new filter!

will steam clean it at work tomoro and see if she still leaks!

so thats about it ill be daily driving it from now on while i cnotch my bounty so will be fixing the little annoying little things as i can

things on the to do list at the moment:

*replace radiator hoses flush system and new coolant

*remove engine earths of alloy front cover

* install sound system might remove the air con unit in back and install a custom sound system in its place

*get the overdriver going!

photo dump!IMG_8838_zps27477ebf.jpgIMG_8839_zps369c1114.jpgIMG_8836_zps8367ecac.jpgIMG_8544_zpsdcc58213.jpgIMG_8541_zps1e6c06b9.jpgIMG_8539_zps5c412895.jpg

IMG_8841_zpsbf31594d.jpg

• 2 years later...

Long a waited revial

So after a few years and three motors. This old chook runs again. Now sporting a 4m out of a ms85 with a very agressive cam grind

Have tracked down the orginal circuit diagrams for the eletric overdrive trans mission so will be chipping away over the next few weeks.

Cheers josh

• Like 6