• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

afaik those bits that bolt on are to heat up the intake for warmer air (old school methods etc). but yes they would also provide extra support for the intake. doubt it will snap off though....lol. id just run the top ones and see what happens. I dount they will be worse than standard so why not. you ant all the help you can get to get the most ponys out of the motor/rev it tits off

Why would you even bother running a factory cast iron type Manifold when there's one of these sitting there? Do it now :P .

They look to be a 4-1 with long length runners? So should be good for midrange and won't choke it up in the high RPM either, but you'll lose the scavenging effect eventually... But this thing probably doesn't rev over 6 anyway eh? :o .

Avenger engines do rev high, my race car could pull 9K. Didn't use a rev limiter but it would valve bounce at about 9100-9200RPM. Avenger gearboxes are weak as and they don't really like those revs. The engine and gearboxes weren't lasting me that long when I was revving up to 9K so after a while of stuff breaking I decided to shift around 8000-8500K to save wear. Didn't make much if any difference to my times by short shifting that little bit but it meant I got longer out of the gearboxes.

My '75 road car does 7K. I use an MSD 6AL with the rev limit set to 7K and I usually shift right before it hits the rev limiter.

When are you getting your dyno done? Mine has had it's first dyno done and I have had it rejetted and tweaked so it will be going for it's final fine tune and dyno on monday. be keen to see what your engine does.

well considering its 1st time ever i have seen a crank out of an engine i own....

and am a wood worker kinda worried about all the wee BEB bits i can see in the lower end of the engine etc

rather be anal and have have the "call a friend" option on hand to make sure its kosher

hah - I cant afford to fuck it up and sure as shit if I slap this thing together myself with nothing more than a Haynes Manual and a prayer that's bound to happen because I AM a wood worker and have reassembled a grand total of ZERO motors which adds up to 0% confidence

oh yea and got a txt from Keith wanting to know if we were still coming to dyno today...