Widening 3 Piece Alloy Wheels

mikuni

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh it's certainly not cheap.

The 13" longchamps I'm gonna get widened (welded 3 piece) is gonna be around $1800-2000.

That's prices from Pine and 41 degrees.  

That's me doing nothing but sending the wheels to either company, they provide the new lips (3 and 3.5"), re-welded, polishing / machining, new bolts and possible centre caps etc etc.

http://pine-engineering.co.nz/collections/frontpage/products/lip-14

Gives you a good idea what new lips are worth plus what they charge for machining etc.

Yeh, he rang me back and we had a yarn, seems like a top chap, and works out the cheapest. He quoted me $1240inc, but its probably worth getting them to do everything for $1440inc. The only down side is the freight to and from the SI.

I remembered one of my rims is welded 3/4 of the way round on the inside of the outer lip, so welding/machining is not an option really, will have to bite the bullet and get them done.

• 5 years later...

Yoza, I'm trying to organize having my wheels re-banded by Pine, but he doesn't have the step lip barrels my current rims have, and has offered a reverse lip. In the pic he sent me, the rim is so fucking shiny I cant tell what the shape actually is, its making my eyes go cray cray. Has anyone had a set redone by Pine with the reverse lip barrels? If so, would you be able to post up pics from different angles so I can try understand the shape? Cheers!