super charging ford crossflow engine

427carguy

was just example. but yeh better off to start with lowish boost. i realize its a bit of a knob since have to change pulleys to change boost.

small on crank, big on supercharger will give you less boost. ran roughly 1 to 1 ratio, when had sc14 on my 4age. would run 7psi max. that was with big na cams. i would suspect at least 10psi on your average 1600. so you'd probably want t underdrive it a bit if wanting to go below 10psi. sc12 with a sc14 pulley would get you less boost than a straight sc14. can't remember what the deal was swapping the pulleys over tho

• 2 weeks later...

plenty of room there for it ay. looks like its going to work. my plan is mounting mine on the intake side, but looking at that putting it over the exhaust is probally best

plus will leave room to get to dizzy when needed.

im now thinking what carby im guna use im currently running twin dellortos but im thinking a holley jeted back so it doesnt flood the shit out of everything, would this work? what else would work?

Looking good Hogan.

I'd definately suggest you consider header wrapping the top part of you headers, and foam lagging the supercharger discharge pipe then going over the foam with that pure aluminuim foil tape to keep the pipe from getting too hot as it crosses over the motor.

Are you planning to run the 32/36, or a single sidedraft carb?

im now thinking what carby im guna use im currently running twin dellortos but im thinking a holley jeted back so it doesnt flood the shit out of everything, would this work? what else would work?

I run a holley on my s/c datto. It runs fine, and uses less fuel than it did with the 32/36 weber. Although to run properly, I had to do a few modifications to make the carb drawtrhough compatable.

a few modifications to make the carb drawtrhough compatable.

This is relevant to my interests for future possibilities

On a holley you need to externally reference the power valve(s). I also had to fit a small spring kit to my accelerator pump check needle to prevent the air speed through the venturi syphoning fuel out the discharge nozzles.

• 5 years later...

Hogan got his esky running, But he never got it tuned properly.

I sold my supercharger kit to a bloke who Is as keen as I was when I started out.

I have two more blower set ups that i plan to build.

SUPERCHARGED! because.if it doesn't have a belt, you're probably wearing a dress......

• Like 1

Why not run a single big SU carb? A 2 inch off a jag or something similar they can also handle blow thru duties if you decide later on you wanted an intercooler in there. I ran a supercharger off a lancia volumex on a triumph 2 litre 6 cylinder with mechanical injection made some gorgeous sounds when it ran right which was about 70% of its short life as a skid hack.

• Like 1

Mines well underway at the moment. Iv got a sc14 from an estima and a dellorto 40mm side draught. Manifold for intake is being laser cut currently and will be underway with the supercharger mounts this weekend.

Also managed to score me a high flow fuel pump that's a direct Bolt on replacement for factory which is a bonus

• Like 3

8454.jpg

8451.jpg

From a datsun 1200 website.... I thought they were non-crossflow, but I digress from digressing.
Looks cool......... but that's a lot of compressed fuel/air mixture!!!!!!!
I'd put in a blowUP valve in there.

There is/was a chap in Waitoa, Waikato who had a flat track something maybe a Fiat, pretty sure it was a Fiat 4 cylinder.
It was supercharged draw though that looked very built for purpose.
His nickname was Nigger Crusher, though I'm not sure anyone actually called him that.
They were different times the 90's.

Wonder how much of a bastard a flame arrestor would be.... in conjunction with the blowUP valve.

Happy tinkering.

Shit that's a tidy set up.

What was the username of the guy with that? 1200.com used to.be my second home once upon a time. But I'm not sure I recall seeing that before.

With the carb hung that far over to the side, the accelerator pump check needle Is gonna unseat, and the pump nozzles are gonna dribble.

Mines well underway at the moment. Iv got a sc14 from an estima and a dellorto 40mm side draught. Manifold for intake is being laser cut currently and will be underway with the supercharger mounts this weekend.

Also managed to score me a high flow fuel pump that's a direct Bolt on replacement for factory which is a bonus

What cr you running and how?

Gaz