Air bag suspension chat

KKtrips

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hello.

most of the push lock fittings that i needed came with the kit but the other stuff i bought was SMC. all has been great so far.

actually, the SMC push button spring return valve i bought to purge water out of the tank shit itself, but i suspect 150PSI with no back pressure on the exhaust side of the valve might have caused its demise.

the air lines all came with the kit, the only bits i added was a nylon line from the compressor because the heat melted the stuff that came with the kit (i suspect its all PVC but not sure) and i ran the air lines that are exposed inside copper tube to protect them. 

everything is functioning fine so far. 

• Like 1

Mine's all done with 3/8 push lock fittings with truck air line. Some fittings are built into the accuair valve block, the rest I got from a truck bits supplier.

There is a leak somewhere, but I haven't tried to find it./slack  Won't hold pressure overnight.

I like being able to remove the lines easily - helps when messing around/connecting certain parts to the garage air compressor.

I only blew the line from the compressor once when the A/C clutch locked up and the pressure went to high. Put a coupler in there and it's been fine since.

Be careful not to mix 10m with 3/8 line/fittings as they are not compatible.

I used all 1/2” valves and 1/2” x 1.4mm wall thickness aluminium tube for everything.

The push to lock fittings seemed to work well with Ali tube and they haven’t started leaking yet. Only leaks I’ve had were from the 90° fittings that weren’t the swivel type, because they weren’t very tight, as I couldn’t get them pointing in the right direction.

Also the water traps were leaking so took them out. Stays up overnight no problem now.

The only other issues I have is the rear pops up way too quick with the 1/2” lines. Goes past ride height and then has to drop back down a bit. Goes too fast for it all to react and is uncomfortable. I did slide some 3/8” tube inside the 1/2” which made it a little less violent, but it could still be slowed down more. Front is perfect though. 

Also because I’m running the Accuair E -level, it monitors the ride height and updates it every minute or so. It started doing some wired stuff by dropping a corner randomly. Ended up disabling it and just pressing the ride height button when on flat ground to even it all out. Could of got away using a cheaper/simpler kit since I’ve now disabled most of its functions haha. 

• Like 2

I used push lock fittings, and 1/2” truck brake airline. Works ok but it’s a bit of a pain in the fact that getting a tight radius is impossible. I have a few leaks at the tank where the brass fittings are in the tank. Used a liquid thread sealant (was told not to use tape) but unfortunately I still seem to have leaks there. One day I’ll get around to sorting them......

Likely cheap for a reason

"SPECIAL NOTE: NEGATIVE reviews stay on the web forever. Other companies come an go, or are brand new, giving the impression of no negatives. If we received 5 negatives a year for 30 years, we would have 150 negatives. DO THE MATH... Go to our EBAY store and find out the truth. We have a 98.8% Positive Customer Review Rating. We ship 800 items each and every day. Considering we have a 1.2% Negative rating, it translates to less than 1%. A competitor, shipping 10 items a day at 1% simply does not equate to 800 items a day at 1%. It is all in the math. How could we stay in business 30 years if we did not make our customers happy? Time in business is never considered when a Negative appears. Perhaps some brilliant programmer will figure it out some day and give the consumer the TRUE PICTURE"

• Like 1

I havnt seen any of it in person so I dunno... I had a look at one last week that had china bags and valves and that was really throw it all in the bin and start again  

Most of the air suspension setups I have certed have had better quality parts, and self leveling systems 

The way the rules are written, it's very difficult to get a system to comply without a self level system 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1