KK's Slamiler

KKtrips

From spam, seemed relevant;

Monster Garage build sheet - Budget $500

Initial purchase of Trailer - $100

Wheelarches - $50

Wiring and electrical shit - $60

Assorted Steel - $40 (plus a few free bits lying around)

Bolts and Bits - $20

Suspension Bushes - $15

WOF - $30

First Registration and 6 months License - $90

Towbar for Commy - $100 (2nd Hand) but it shouldn't really count towards the total build cost..

Tyres - $Freebie Nada

Tailights - $Zilch Nothing

Mk2 Cortina Springs - $Zeeroh

Labour - Priceless

Booze - fuckin untold amounts - this blew the budget.

Build Time - 4 weeks (but only the last 2 weeks was actually hard work - the first 2 was a lot of fucking around and drinking)

Admittedly I called in and promised a lot of favours for the free stuff but thats the gem of the barter system..

As for your questions - definitely start with something and work from there - unless you want all new stuff.. The metal and axle materials alone would set you back a cool G if they were all new.. Getting it legal wasn''t too bad - pretty much a really basic version of certification - just talk to your WOF man and see if he is willing to WOF something so unusual.. If not - don't get upset and explore your options with other WOF guys..

Once I found someone willing to WOF it - the process was seriously easy..

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a 40x160x6mm bit for ya, should have it in the next few days, so PM me your addy and i'll NZC it down for ya. I tried to get more, but when it comes to titanusyum, apparently theres no such thing as scrap cos its so fucking expensive. Tiz a little fank U for pissing around wth those wheels for me.

Edit: Thanks for the trailer info also. I may start from scratch, as its going to be so small and low i'd have to do shit tons of mods to a std trailer, annnnd soon i'll be able to get steel/trailer shit/general engineering crap bloody cheap, as thats my new job!

Cheers UJ..

Saw the back half of an Anglia converted into a trailer/BBQ yesterday - took photos for LOL's and I would have had an IRL LOL but the dude standing next to it looked to be super chuffed of his engineering marvel..

Sorry person I don't know - but your Anglia is more whack than Jazzy Jeff being thrown out of the mansion by Carlton and Uncle Phil

• 11 months later...

So dredging up this old chestnut cos its nearly Wagnats time again so need WOF..

Took in for WOF today - guy was all good with it - questioned lighting angles etc (like last time) but he was convinced it was no probs cos of the trailer was substanscially lower than the car and hence the lights on the car were visible.

Need to fix a wiring fault in the Citroen trailer plug or tow the trailer down to be rechecked behind the Commy

(was fine when I tested the lights on the Commy last Weds but the Citroen must be different and I never checked it prior TBH)

This time last year

p1180525.jpg

This year/today - snapped a couple of pics of its patina after sitting outside for a year.. JEAH extra rusty..

p1160226q.jpg

p1160229.jpg

p1160227.jpg