Poo-Man's 1981 Mitsubishi Sigma Turbo

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, my wife wants to paint it. sadly the budget doesnt allow for panel and paint yet (or mags).

i kinda like the small dents and scratches.

My son and I dropped it off at Woolf mufflers today to get the exhaust manifold made.

hopefully its not off the road for to long.

going round to a mates tonight to cut the TB off and weld it to the other end of the intake manifold.

check orientation of the motor in the diamante, 95onwards switched sides so the throttlecable comes from the opposite side - could work to your advantage if flipping the throttlebody to the front of the plenum. Most have extra crap on them for traction control etc.

did you? i cant remember (i have an appalling memory).

and it doesnt work low mounting it. the turbo gets a bit close to the alternator and the intake is too close the the radiator pipe.

will probably have to remount the wastegate actuator as well, but thats easy.

i am thinking it will be a top mount and run it close to the brake resivoir. headers, and dump pipe will be HPC coated and then wrapped. then some sort of heat sheild made up.

i really dont want to have to get another turbo........ but it maybe easier.

it shouldn't be more difficult than it is at the moment, it's basically just header pipes in place of where the turbo was originally. Given you have a bit more room between the cylinder head and the brake master and strut tower in a RWD car as opposed to a FWD car between the head and radiator which the above manifold is designed for, you could simply elongate the distance between the head and where the turbo bolts on.

you could simply elongate the distance between the head and where the turbo bolts on.

thats what i was trying to tell them.

i dont think they listen to me, cos i turn up dressed in my fancy work clothes.

next time i'll turn up with with my overalls on and hands covered in oil.

• 3 weeks later...

ive heard sone of the down sides of wrapping an exhaust manifold is that it can cause the pipes crack or rust like buggery.

what i was planing on doing to my exhaust manifold is:

heat treatments, to stress releive the manifold.

HPC to coat the manifold

then wrap the manifold.

should i wrap or not wrap?

Picture599.jpg?t=1288299240