Poo's '81 Mitsi Eterna GSR

Poo

So the bumpers on the car have always been tatty, with the chrome strip broken in places and painted over with matty B. The rest of the paint on the bumpers was cracked and there was a few dents. The lower sections of the front quarters has also taken a hit, so off they came. Upper and lower valances were peppered with stone chips.......

photo_zps754c46af.jpg

photo_zps108f6cfb.jpg

^^ Surprisingly there was no rust hiding under here ^^ 

The bumpers have had work done on them before. Nothing major, just some glue and a slim of filler hiding under there. 

photo_zpsf64cd928.jpg

Now, theres a metal strip that runs over the top of both front a rear bumpers. I was as careful as I could be to get the clips to disengage, but the plastic was far to brittle and most crumbled and cracked between my finger tips. 

Karl BDA780 to the rescue again. He printed off some clips from a sample old clip I gave him. Perfect fit first time. 

photo_zpsf0f2d20e.jpg

I've still got to put the grill and park lights back in. 

photo_zpsd30906b0.jpg

I will have to give the rest of the car a decent cut and polish now. That can be next weekends job. 

• Like 7

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...