ex lancer rotary conversion

be4ver

Hey was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some info reguarding a rotary conversion on an ex, i know a ton of people have done this before but i cant find biggar all info.

Jst want to know whats involved in the mounting process, crossmembers & engine mounts etc.

Is it possible to modify the standard crossmember to suit or will a custom one need to be made up?

will the driveshaft need to be lengthened or shortened? i have no idea haha

ive already done 90% of an n/a 4G63 swap into an ex and now i wanna give the rota thing a go, just want a rough idea of what to expect before i go out and buy an engine n stuff. anything will be greatly appreciated!

Depends what engine your fitting. If its just a 12A or non turbo 13b its pretty straight forward. You will need a front sump and pick up. Use standard xmember, grind mounts off.

Fit front mount bracket to rotary and fabricate up some mounts to suit. Use a series 1 style RX7 gearbox. From memory youl have to shorten the drive shaft. Its a relitavily straigh forward conversion as far as engine swaps go.

Everything depends on your knowledge and access to tools to do the job right.