cletus

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 23/06/2021 at 21:03, KKtrips said:

Yup, it'll be a PDF on the LVVTA website.

Hey @KKtrips is this still to come? Was looking at the wheel/tyre doc out for consultation at the moment last night, and refers to the previous multi page fact sheet for tyre to rim sizing?

Cheers

40 minutes ago, MRWEST said:

Hey @KKtrips is this still to come? Was looking at the wheel/tyre doc out for consultation at the moment last night, and refers to the previous multi page fact sheet for tyre to rim sizing?

Cheers

The sheet is completed and is in the mailout that is going out this week. Will post here once the updated document has been uploaded.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MRWEST said:

Was looking at the wheel/tyre doc out for consultation at the moment last night

I would encourage everyone to have a look at this and have your say. There are two significant changes which IMO will have an impact on a lot of people  

The first thing is, basically all wheels having to be hub centric  

The second is mudguard coverage, the CCM appears to have been updated to bring it inline with the wof VIRM requirements as they are now

Problem is,  this is currently either largely ignored, or nobody knows about it, as a lot of even factory vehicles dont comply and could mean that a car being certified may need mudflaps added, the way I interpret the wording 

20210706_094743.jpg

images.jpeg-41.jpg

20210706_100436.jpg

images.jpeg-42.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

When you say hubcentric, does that mean centering rings are permissible or the actual wheel must be hubcentric? Because I don't know of any aftermarket wheels that are even close to most Japanese hub spigot diameters!

Mudflaps would be a sick burn.

@cletus a "centering system" is a bit vague, one could argue tapered nuts on their own are centering, although it then says if tapered nuts used a close tolerance is "recommended". Presumably hubcentric rings are acceptable? As Richie says, impposibru otherwise

I looked again and theres a side note on the previous page in a different section so that might cover it

I guess if it is acceptable to use tapered wheel nuts to center the wheel  instead of the center spigot then that solves half of the issue 

Not sure where that leaves wheels with shank nuts though, like tridens, hotwires, cragars, etc. I guess they would need centering rings made to suit and attached somehow  

Screenshot_20210706-131526_Drive.jpg

20210706_131633.jpg

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, cletus said:

I would encourage everyone to have a look at this and have your say. There are two significant changes which IMO will have an impact on a lot of people  

The first thing is, basically all wheels having to be hub centric  

The second is mudguard coverage, the CCM appears to have been updated to bring it inline with the wof VIRM requirements as they are now

Problem is,  this is currently either largely ignored, or nobody knows about it, as a lot of even factory vehicles dont comply and could mean that a car being certified may need mudflaps added, the way I interpret the wording 

20210706_094743.jpg

This is for mudguard width? 

It doesn't actually state mudflaps e.g length right?

I dont know when exactly but the virm has been changed at some point in the past few years as that mudguard diagram used to look like this and there was no requirement for a full width mudguard apart from dual wheel vehicles 

Strangely it's still the same as it used to be , in the motorcycle section

Screenshot_20210706-180928_Samsung Internet.jpg

Lvvta was set up by a bunch of hotrod nice guys to give a voice to the general public against the bureaucratic rules of the nzta, to help them see reason and be fair.

Imo it seems to me that bureaucracy has taken over lvvta too

• Like 1