Unclejake's 64 Fintail Mercedes

KKtrips

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This car makes me wet in the panties.

Good work UJ, although, I'm somewhat suprised that there are no holes in it.

He only cut the holes in the cortina so he had some patch panels for the merc

• Like 3

Awww shucks   :shock:

Thanks team. It has been a long time coming but some progress is finally being made this month. I spent a few hours today going through the boxes and boxes of door parts I have.

It's hard to remember where everything is supposed to go, but my old mistakes are back to bite me so there is a lot of work to do. For a start I'll need to remove all the paint from the roof and start again there. There is a bog shrink back and several sipderous rust areas in the roof. There was also a single bit of bog down by a wheel arch that I didn't completely remove in 2005. It was a little bit bigger than a pin head at the time, but that too has blown out and become a visible lump.

I need to find some replacement alloy trims for just underneath the windows. I went through three entire car lots of that trim in 2006, but each time the anodizers touched them they destroyed the whole lot. I need to go on a mission to find some NOS, but I think I tried previously and there were none worldwide.

Dunno. I'll try again.

I fixed the flickering fuel gauge on Thursday. That made me happy............. but my lord there is a lot of work left to get these doors sorted. The sheet metal is no big deal. It's the internal door panels, hinged door pockets, window regulators and various weather seals that will take ages. Most of the arm-rests I have are bio-degrading. They've one sticky and mushy. Plastics have come a long way in the last 50 years..... but I think I've got four useable ones out of 16

Thanks again for all the kind words. OS is full of such wonderful people.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey UJ you remember when you were a young fulla back before the dawn of time and your Dad kyteler was looking at you after you had knocked up mary magdalena but you couldn't tell if he was mad or disappointed. Well thats my face at your lack of work on mercedes. Its like you nearly became a model icon for humanity, but you left a loophole for dan brown to write a controversial novel about they holy grail

• Like 6

thanks for the pep talk uncle, I'm at that shitty part of my build where it looks a bit hopeless, but parts are starting to look better.

need some more pics of this sweet ol  german lady.

I love that pic of the rear door jam/quarter, in naked steel. oh er!