Testament's '74 Fiat 124 Coupe

Testament

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

calm down man, autotune/calibrate whatever auto get your fuel table in a somewhat runnable state whatever you want to call it. not here to argue semantics about what the word tuning means exactly.

3.770 is just whatever was loaded onto the ecu which I bought over a year ago. What is so bad about it (or 3.830, apart from it seemingly being your arch nemesis's code)/whats better about using the ms2/extra code? not trying to provoke anything just not being an expert it seems like its ok on the outside, has spark and fuel tables etc. where I can seemingly change most things (and more) that I need to muck with to run my silly engine?

Spence, I don't hate M$ in general. I hate a whole lot of specific technical and social/political things about the product range and community behind it. If you solved them all, I could go back to being a big fan. But it's not legal to solve any of them anymore, and wasn't ever for half of them, so it is what it is, and will always be that. Hence FreeEMS. Freedom... That aside, calibration and tuning are distinct and different. In B&G firmware the line is somewhat blurred, and that's one of the technical things on my list of shit that's broken about it. Phil promoting it as "automatic tuning" is an insult to actual tuners who know their stuff.

It may well be good enough for your needs, however I have the least faith in B&G firmware which is primarily written by a geriatric called Alfred Grippo and promoted by another geriatric called Lance AKA Admin-Nazi. ms2extra has a LOT more functionality, some of which is better thought out. It's also FAR more used in the real world. As such it's better tested and more support will be available from a wider group of people. B&G likely does not have the "incorporate AFR" option, which you should definitely use. If you want less support and are happy with what you have, then stick with it. I don't mind. The tune you develop won't necessarily be compatible with alternative firmwares, though. The main/normal/default firmware is ms2extra, NOT B&G. Swapping before developing a tune means less wasted energy if/when you find it does something badly or not at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

That's awesome about the lead plugs!

It's gone from... a very complicated problem that only has work arounds at best.

To.... a simple problem that was easily fixed. Gotta love it when that happens, because most of the time it's the other way around! :D