Testament's '74 Fiat 124 Coupe

Testament

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: pinion flange...

With my car the tiniest specs of dirt were making the splines jam up, so it was torquing up to spec even though there was still end float. Heh.

It took about 2 hours of cleaning and test fitting and cleaning etc to make the splines slide nicely, at which point I could actually torque the damn thing up properly. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/11/2018 at 10:35, markw said:

I'm curious to hear whether it was all worth it. I have a remote shifter sitting in the boot of my 124. How did the center console fair?

worth and value dont really come into the equation at this point its all because stubborn like slav haha

the shit running is definitely fuel related so I am confident i'll get it sorted, under normal driving and cruise conditions it has all of the torque and is great to cruise around in with supercharger soundtrack going on.

centre console, the ashtray goes and you have to cut out the bridge piece at the front side of the ashtray/slightly hack up the thing.  I still need to make a new cover piece for the top and get a new gearlever boot thing which should hide the edges that were cut to clear the 131R shifter.

• 1 year later...

Did you manage to resolve the running issues? I'm in lockdown and dreaming about a similar injection system to yours on my VX engine. Are you happy with the megasquirt? Are there any gotchas in the 124 install that are worth knowing?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...