Running FWD front hubs/struts etc in a RWD.

Ogre

Any reasons why you cant run FWD front hubs ect as RWD?Im constantly thinking about a better way to mod the front of the lancer for coilovers and brakes.Im thinking evo hubs and brakes and a coilover kit as they are cheap and even standard style evo brakes would stop my 870kgs of fatness easy.Im aware that there is the axle shaft "hole" etc in the FWD setup, offset would most likely change, and may have to be clever with ball joints etc.but apart from this is there any big reason it cant be done?

Somthing like this (using LA bottom arm, not the evo one as fitted in this pic) fitted to the front of lancer im thinking...These are from Evo1-3 im told:

CIMG2978.jpg

Thoughts?

shouldn't be a problem people 2wd there evo's etc quite alot,

the prop shaft is merely a drive component you're simply removing it which

can't affect the load bearing capacity of the hub.

my2c

But you do need to leave the outer CV bolted through the hub (as R100 said) - holds it together see.

shouldn't be a problem people 2wd there evo's etc quite alot,

the prop shaft is merely a drive component you're simply removing it which

can't affect the load bearing capacity of the hub.

my2c

But you do need to leave the outer CV bolted through the hub (as R100 said) - holds it together see.

+1

a guy i know whos putting a 3.0 alfa v6 in the back of a alfasud like mine, all he did was remove the cage and balls form the original fwd cvs and machined most of the meat off the sides of the cv thats not needed anymore.

You need this part because it holds the wheel bearing together and stops the hub flying off when the wheel bearing collapses, ive seen this happen haha

why goto all that trouble? rx7 4 pots will go onto sigma struts with rx7 disk's u just gota redrill disk... then run celica inserts with a coil over kit that u put onto the stock struts... and if u want to go all out get some bilstein inserts for celica struts... they go into the sigma ect struts and are beefyer... thats what i was going todo...

biggest issue i can think of is the steering arm- usually on a fwd car the rack is mounted quite high so the steering arm on the hub is also high. Doesnt take a lot of change heightwise to make bumpsteer quite bad- a torana i drove once went from being absolutely shithouse horrible to normal, moving the steering arm down 15mm. (it had HQ spindles and brakes)