MrMcDoll's Diesel-Punk TA23 Celica

MrMcdoll

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe lake pipes?

We were toying with the idea of duallie wheels on the rear, and sick sick rake!

I love that purists cry when they hear of my plans and see it etc, but then since it was almost a write-off underneath all that bog, it's not really a waste as such!

When i owned my RA23 back in the 90's your one was rolling around the same time.

People kept saying they had seem me somewhere.. your car looked almost identical to mine, just had 15" wheels (mine had 16")

Finally spotted it in the late 90's and talked to the owner at the time..

This is my old one..

83487137.jpg

83861971.jpg

11091209.jpg

Kinda sad to see that car butchered, always had a soft spot for the old celicas.. but oh well only a car.

A mate is right into these aswell, this place below has just about everything you would ever need.

http://english.adessa-project.com/

Kinda sad to see that car butchered, always had a soft spot for the old celicas.. but oh well only a car.

At least it's still gonna be enjoyed, as opposed to demo derby / scrapped.

Resto can still be in its future at some stage

Gonna get it road legal?

Yep road legal for sure!

All of the rust repairs are 100% legit, the only thing i'm NOT doing is smoothing the panel dents with filler, or having panels beaten out which would cost a million bucks or take over 9000 years to do myself.

The plan is to make it in such a way that once finished, it could easily just be painted pretty and have all the existing damage filled etc and be another shiny autosalon celica on simmons ;)

The plan is to make it in such a way that once finished, it could easily just be painted pretty and have all the existing damage filled etc and be another shiny autosalon celica on simmons ;)

Will sleep easier tonight :D

Wasn't saying you were butching it, just saying to see it butchered from the state I saw it in back in 1996... ish? (just to be clear) probably used the wrong words. :)

Was a minta back in the day!

I like some of the Jap spec rat look cars, the everything chrome plated blingy autosalon shit i'm not into at all.

Yeh it was well screwed by bad prep and too much bog aye.

It sucks cos they're getting really hard to find in good nick.

Your car really does look identical, my flatmate saw the pics and asked if it was mine!

What made you wanna move on from it?

is this the ex lonslo or slonlo or whatever??

the very same :D

haha thought so... it got slightly damaged when it was parked in the carpark at my wedding..

someone backed into it...not naming names, but i think it was the front right guard that got a little "bruised"...and the lights....whoops

Your car really does look identical, my flatmate saw the pics and asked if it was mine!

i've asked the same question back when slonlo owned it, so similar.

and that would be Marcus's old RA28????? his brother owns it now, its down here in Tauranga, or it was a couple of years back. he had a 23 as well, maybe even the same one??? had the firewall hacked for a 3s conversion.

i've had a 23 and a 28 in the past, wish i had have stuck with them but both were bigger projects than i had money and time for back then.

i like what you're doing with it, i reckon fuck raising it up though. 1st gen celicas NEED to be low!!!!!!

p5050059gx1.jpg

but imagine matt black and dented up, fuck yes!!!!!!

cheers

Matt

i've asked the same question back when slonlo owned it, so similar.

and that would be Marcus's old RA28????? his brother owns it now, its down here in Tauranga, or it was a couple of years back. he had a 23 as well, maybe even the same one??? had the firewall hacked for a 3s conversion.

i've had a 23 and a 28 in the past, wish i had have stuck with them but both were bigger projects than i had money and time for back then.

i like what you're doing with it, i reckon fuck raising it up though. 1st gen celicas NEED to be low!!!!!!

p5050059gx1.jpg

but imagine matt black and dented up, fuck yes!!!!!!

cheers

Matt

I thouht I recognised the White Celica, its Timons, he got it from this Borther, who had put the 3SGE in it

He has had the Red23 for god knows how many years, he owned it when i was still at school in Nelson 2000

Was running with 3sgte for a while a long time ago now

Owned if for about 5 years, just got a bit over it and wanted a change, starting getting interested in Mazda rotaries.

That celica owed me about 15k back then scary...!

The 18RG was getting tired, and I couldn't find parts back in the 90's! was runing twin side draft 45 webbers that were totally out of tune, drank more gas than any rotary i've ever owned and was still slow.. lol

That white RA28 belonged to a mate of mine, he got it stock standard, fitted an 18RG out of wrecked RA23 GT we found, complete with standard twin solex's.

lowered it on the 15's other than that was stock. Good to hear its still in one piece!

Would possibly own one again if it was a tidy car to start with.

Toyota absolutely suck to find parts for, there parts dept do nothing to help out owners of old cars, they just aren't interested.

Mazda on the other hand, you can get anything you want with a done of replica parts available. Which you need if you are actually going to drive the thing!

8) Hey hows things? Just new on here.. ive got an old project that i started 10 years ago but left sitting for the last 6 years. trying to get back into it now and was after some help and advice. Its a '73 ta22 and i was looking at your build up page and wanted to know about the wing mirrors in the first pic. Are they original off the 23 or did you get them somewhere.... basically , i want some!

Hey bro, welcome to OS.

They came on it, but aren't factory - the TAs usually came with fender mirrors, the ones i had are rooted, but they are relatively common, priced anywhere from like 50bucks to 200 depending on quality and where you get them etc. Ebay is usually cheaper if you don't mind a bit of shipping costs etc.

They're called "bullet mirrors" as far as i recall.

Have a search round, but here's a couple on 'tard-me

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Other/auction-304242328.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Other-accessories/auction-305177148.htm

Hope that helps bruv.