Orions rx7 of omg

rot808

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah car had only been running for ~10 mins, didn't want to thrash it too hard while still warming up, ha.

Did some mean early morning dorts onto the Northern link on the way to work, wish I'd filmed that run.

• Like 2

Dude. All your cars are so clean! It's so fresh to actually see a rx7 that hasn't been rolled bowled and assholed. Had a geeze at it at leadfoot and listened from a distance to you talking to people about it. Mad eye for getting even the tiniest of details perfect with all your cars.

Thing that cracks me is how you seem to come across all these super hard to find/mint parts that no one else can get.

Pined over it at nats this weekend, and followed you on poker run for a bit and it's good to see its not NanaEd. Disappeared super quick once you got onto SH25

Btw your skylines are things dreams are made of.

• Like 2

this thing is amazing IRL and that new exhaust is spot on for sound, Jim.  

So many 'tangs are overdone with regard to exhausts and shit but you're on point IMO! the perfect balance between loud and quiet. 

Sounds epic hammer down passing my smokey arse, that's for sure!

• Like 1

One of the best driving experiences was driving my car behind this. Tairua to Coroglen. No fucks were given. Hammer down. 

Ed also offered me the keys and I drove the RX7 from Wangamata to Tairua. This thing drives soooo nice. Well done on sorting a sweet sweet car. I had a hard time not blipping the throttle on every gear change, due to the rad noises it makes. Power delivery is silky smooth. No lag on acceleration, just a linear power curve that keeps going. Handling is spot on. Not to hard and definitely not soft. Firm and planted is how it feels. Just like a sportscar should. 

White 80's Turbos for lyfe. 

ps. please find that annoying 'your going over 100kph' bell and burn it. 

• Like 3

Shit yeah. I loved just winding the hell out of it, diving into corners, blipping the throttle between gearchanges, making all of the grumpy part-throttle noises, and hearing that sweet 'tang buzz ricocheting off the hills. Sometimes the experience of driving a car encompasses more than simply going as fast as you can! Compared to something like Jono's Sigma (which I also drove over the weekend), I still marvel at how markedly different the power delivery is compared to a piston engine.

Reckon the triangle might keep up with the Mustang if it had an extend port, huge turbo, Link and about 20 pounds more boost :D

As mentioned, Jono/Denham and Greer/myself had a sweet fang between Tairua and Coroglen after dirt skids, it was the most epic hammer down battle of the white '80s turbo Jap steeds. Dude in that S14 Silvia was loving it as well.

Would have loved to have handed the keys over to someone else and passengered for a bit. Perhaps next time!

• Like 2