Orions rx7 of omg

rot808

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically Ed, get out to the shed, do cool stuff, and then we'll tell you that you did a good chob.

It doesn't even have to be cool stuff. Just do stuff. Learn new things and try things out. 

When things don't go your way don't let it get you so down either. Look at Denham, he failed his WOF the other day on a massive list of things he didn't know how to fix but he owned that shit and got on with it. Two days later and he's nearly got it sussed. Some help from the OS family and some hard work is all it took. And he's learnt something new! 

Another good example is Azzuros Fiat. He has done SOOOOO much work on that car and has gone backwards so many times but that's cool. He shares it with us and we like it because he's taking us along for the ride. I love reading his project updates.

Might be because I operate in a huge social void.

You run from people who like your car faster than i run from zombies (because rotarded people say "ug duh skid auo"?) but i think your cars are cool, not in the way everyone else thinks cool but you pour effort in and that's what counts.

Ed, I, like I'm sure many others on here are, are very interested and impressed with your cars.

I'm not trying to blow smoke up your arse, or trying to make you feel better, but you have a very enviable stable of cars that most would love to have.

the internet is no way to judge ones life.

If your internets and lack of "like posts" or even helpfull comments from normally helpfull to other people posts is getting you down.

Go out to your shed, take a good hard look and smile yourself happy again.

because you my man have a lot to be happy about.

If I got the wrong end of the stick, disregard all of the above

• Like 3

Serious though.. If the Internet's getting you down then maybe time to see a Dr? I mean, shit sounds depressed.

I'm not taking the piss either, just saying.

I have copped heaps of abuse and negativity through here. Maybe I don't mind so much because I know I usually deserve it.

PS, seriously again, if people aren't feeling good then see a Dr.

• Like 1

Well, shit. That opened up a big ol' can of worms didn't it. Awks as.

I've been made aware that my "posting style" can rub people up the wrong way - I apologize, although I am actually oblivious to it. If you think there is a problem, or if you have a problem with me because of it, I'd prefer that you hit me up directly instead of making passive aggressive and unjustified snide comments, as THAT really does get me riled up.

Anyway, to get the topic of discussion back on track, this weekend I'm heading down to my mate's workshop in East Tamaki to make use of the spare hoist to swap over the springs, and while it's up in the air we'll take a peek at the exhaust. Over cards and a few beers earlier tonight with himself and our regular Thursday crew the consensus is for a 2.5" system from the flexi, to a muffler replacing the catalytic converter, to the factory twin-pipe barrel at the rear which should dampen most of the noise.

If not, earplugs for the drive to Nats it is.

It was a good brainstorming session though. No shooting down of ideas, no calling people out for disagreeing, just genuine interest and a simple, logical approach with all of the constraints and final objective defined. Mainly, "Rotaries need to breathe!"

• Like 1

No, how do you know?

Some help from the OS family

Lewl! You is funny, Cam!

So, help me break this perception that the "OS family" only helps those they deem "worthy" of helping, then... which again, refers back to the whole concept of cliques/groups/social mobility.