Pipercross Filters

Vintage Grumble

If carbon intake I would give mike shaw a call. Prices aren't bad and very nice quality. If u made a plug and posted to him he'd do the rest

Where is Mike Shaw? I would like to try out a airbox set up on mine so many people have told me its a must for my set up.

And it's definitely Ali mesh in the pipercross. It slips in and and snags on the ring around the edge (reminds me of your mother). 

Mine's been pulled apart for R&D so we can develop a cheaper alternative with a removable element for cleaning and oiling. 

• Like 2

I'm quite keen to see what you guys come up with, will likely still have a stab at making my own. How big are the foam sheets mr Markku?

I have mesh like this at work, the holes are like 12mm and the wire like 1.5mm, thought it would make a good frame due to its strength and not being very restrictive/f-all surface area. I could then tig the frame to a base for easy mounting to the backing plate.

weldedwiremesh1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Rite, tho I have not really looked into making a filter yet, thought i'd just chuck this in here.

A pipercross like this with base plate goes for $300ish,

pipercross_images_px600_baseplate.jpg

And one of these itg (hand made in england, and said to be betterer than a pipercross) with base plate can be had for $230.00,

6_3_09%20077_1.jpg

Guess you could make one for a hundy or so, but hey, if you're as lazy as me ..........

• Like 1

you can get a predrilled base plate for 20v throttles can you not?   

but blank lets you shuffle it around, to clear stuff like your brake booster. 

Yeh, you probably can, I didnt ask, as I will need to off set mine to clear the clutch master.

Also, another option,

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/air-filters/auction-649747567.htm

• Like 1