Mitsi 10bolt diffs

Ogre

I hope im not asking to much shit thats already been covered a million times on here, tried search but hasnt really told me what i want.

Ive gotta do somthing about the diff and axles in the LA while im doing my AMG build, so been thinking.The mitsi 10bolt diffs.Ive been told that sigma wagons have these.So my theory is that these must be the same as lancer/sigma turbo(with drums instead of disc)?, also same as l200 but with 4 stud instead of 6?Would an LSD from a turbo bolt in?Im not to fussed brake wise as the rear of lancer is pretty light, i can actually pick it up and move lancer round lol.Its just that i want somthing can can happily put up with around 200hp, LSD be nice bonus.

Fuel? :?

Eliots Sigma wagon was a 10 bolt 3.909 ratio with (large) drums, but obviously no LSD. Turbo EX Lancer LSD would bolt right in, but not Starion/import Sigma/Sapporo LSD because it's IRS as opposed to live axle, but I have heard that after some machining and setting up that the IRS center can be used.

I am really not too sure if the L200 LSD centers can be used, perhaps the early model 10 bolt ones yes but I think as L200s got newer their diffs changed, but I am no expert on L200 diffs.

hmm intreresting.SO would it be fair to say that a 10bolt sigma wags diff setup would be as strong as a turbo ex one. ie axles etc?yeah pretty sure starion and other mitsi LSDs go in with slight machining of somthing.Bearing or somthing, cant remember.

^^ya he has, used sigma wags diff head in GSR ex housing.This is starting to get interesting.Does anyone know the width of an ex diff from wheel face on drum to other side? or even the width of the sigma wags diff?

chur

I have been wanting to know if the 10 bolt diff heads from the L200's fit as well. Axle wise.

I can measure up my diffs for ya tomorrow if you'd like. Pity your in palmy coz I still have the Sigma wagon housing that you can have!!!!

Sigma wags have same size axles as GSR Lancer's. Not too sure bout ratio's. Fuel told me once but.............gone.

Sigma wagons are getting hard to find now. If you find one ill swap it for my SE Lancer! The aussie assembled wagons came out with borg warners.

• 5 weeks later...