JasonK's HQ

JasonK

always been a fan of HQs...

you could try and find a triple carb manifold and carbs, these go good..

extractors and a 2.5" exhaust, electronic ign if it doesnt have it allready..

ive always thought of getting one to drop a 3.8 v6 into...

but the old straight 6's still go good for what they are, and do good skids :badgrin:

lose some height in the suspension though..

• 5 months later...

Barbed wire: might want to turn the barbs inward or even just so if the cops have a moan you can say you considered safety, that and I think it's a requirement re: conversation with cert guy over a car that has them running down the sides.

Supercharger: stay away from the triple carbs if you go this route, use a Holly (400ish) (or a rotary nikki 4 barrel), and dont bother with the intercooling, just plumb it right up to the carb and into it, run 6-10psi tops, you'll notice it !

yup kk have got the springs from jb, just havent got round to putting them in yet as the car is in napier and me in matamata lol will get there eventually, dont have any for the rear yet so no big hurry lol.

safety etc

not too worried as the grill is set far enough back that you'd be hard pushed for it to hurt anyone even if you run straight into someone but meh we'll see if I get hassled.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...