Supertrapp Muffler, Yay or Nay?

DB8-TypeR

Looking at getting a 17" Supertrapp Muffler with 2.25" inlet. However I have a feeling it will be far far to loud for current laws etc.

Anyone had experiences with them that can comment on how loud they are/arnt?

Im planning on running a full 2.25" exhaust with a couple reso's and perhaps a Turboflow style muffler in there as well.

Im not really aiming for performance, just thought it would be cool to rock a Supertrapp as I remember seeing them on Rotary's back when I was little and had no idea about cars.

weird. I always thought it was quiet with plates + extra backpressure. which would in theory make sense.

shit me, FAQ on supertrapp site even confirms that I am in fact, wrong. sorry.

illegal woul dbe if they're the only muffler you're rolling. if you take it off and it's sufficiently quiet then it's essentially fine. in my situation it'd be sweet. most other peoples, however, it would not be.

Still considering getting one, just make tail section of exhaust removable if need be and have a normal muffler for WOF's etc. But it shouldnt be too loud, I'm making the exhaust smaller than Ideal with enough mufflers to keep it quiet without the supertrapp. Its just a daily and dont want it loud, thought it would be cool to see supertrapp's making a comeback