LVVTA tyre size to rim size compatibility sheet

0R10N

These are the tire and rim sizes i want to run on the van.

I dont think this excessive and now i just gotta find evidence that they all good on 8" rims

15x8 195/50 (Already have these tires)

i.php?a=8_195_50_R15&i=8_195_50_R15_Nokian_Hakkapelitta_2.jpg&s=595&cw=&ch=&q=85

14x8 185/55

i.php?a=8_185_55_R14&i=8_185_55_R14_Nokian.jpg&s=595&cw=&ch=&q=85

This would be a great time for tire manufactures to create some wider lower profile 15s and 14s.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for owning up, sheepers. A bit of common courtesy wouldn't go astray though. Let someone know what you've done and why. Your laziness is not a mandate to remove valid technical material. Nor is your dislike of me and my "opinions".

It is a fact that the contact patch is deformed by stretch or compression. Not my opinion.

It is a fact that a deformed contact patch has less grip on the road than a non-deformed one. Not my opinion.

The physical concepts that I presented that you carelessly deleted were also facts, not my opinions. Well articulated facts that I had put effort into explaining for the benefit of others.

What it comes down to, is that you wasted my time. That, to me, is unacceptable. Thanks for the lesson to only put effort into my own sites and link out from there.

Fred.

Thanks for owning up, sheepers. A bit of common courtesy wouldn't go astray though. Let someone know what you've done and why. Your laziness is not a mandate to remove valid technical material. Nor is your dislike of me and my "opinions".

It is a fact that the contact patch is deformed by stretch or compression. Not my opinion.

It is a fact that a deformed contact patch has less grip on the road than a non-deformed one. Not my opinion.

The physical concepts that I presented that you carelessly deleted were also facts, not my opinions. Well articulated facts that I had put effort into explaining for the benefit of others.

What it comes down to, is that you wasted my time. That, to me, is unacceptable. Thanks for the lesson to only put effort into my own sites and link out from there.

Fred.

Brilliant, I agree. Personal vendettas have no place here.

Well done to Phil for taking the initiative and unlocking.

Back on topic, I may have missed this aspect, but has anyone been pink sticker-ed for this yet?

i have only scime read this and it may have already been said/brought up

but was having a yarn to someone today and they brought a valid point to the table

as anyone taken into account the recomended spec from the tyre companys?

liek if you got information from them via a web site and or letter saying ( as an example ) you could happily stretch a 245 on a 10" rim and be well in the relms of a safety margin?

surely this would be more of a legal point or will the lvvta over rule it

i have only scime read this and it may have already been said/brought up

but was having a yarn to someone today and they brought a valid point to the table

as anyone taken into account the recomended spec from the tyre companys?

liek if you got information from them via a web site and or letter saying ( as an example ) you could happily stretch a 245 on a 10" rim and be well in the relms of a safety margin?

surely this would be more of a legal point or will the lvvta over rule it

In short, yes.

The above table is a Guide only.

Back on topic, I may have missed this aspect, but has anyone been pink sticker-ed for this yet?

I was green stickered for this:

dscf22612222.jpg

But that was only because it was rubbing heaps which is fair enough, nothing to do with the sidewall. They were cool with the stretch believe it or not and the cop actually told me he thought it looked choice as fuck, not in those words but you get the idea. Depends who you get

haha we all know that's a joke lux, only a fool would try to drive on a 135. I only has the one.

It's not the knowing how to measure a rim, its the actual measuring that takes place. Don't trust japanese auctions, they're all a lie.

Seriously though zeb, that looks like a turd (135 and that photo of that turd)