Jasonk's Bogan Spec hq belmont

JasonK

• 2 weeks later...

Picked her up after beach hop, ran sweet all the way except for over heating, but I'm assuming thats because some had put the wrong radiator cap on it. Have now got the headlights going and all indicators except one, just need to bolt down the battery, fix a bit of rust and adjust the hand brake before I go and see Mr warrant man

hopefully should have a wof by the end of the week, am thinking of trying to get a bit more go out of the motor even though it already goes bloody well, the old owner said he thought it had a lumpy cam etc so wouldn't mind figuring out what else its had.

DSC01598.jpg

DSC01599.jpg

DSC01600.jpg

DSC01601.jpg

DSC01602.jpg

so I took her for a wof the other day, failed on a tie rod end, a piece of fuel line that needs replacing, some surface rust on the brake lines and some surface rust on the firewall/top of the bulk head so nothing major or expensive which I'm pretty stoked about. I'd like go to an electric ignition and bigger coil but I'm not sure what to use, would a dizzy out of a blue motor do it?? and what sort of coil would be a good one to go to?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

have had a few overheating issues but hopefully thats all sorted now, Am now looking at supercharging her, just for fun, not wanting serious power or anything and yes I know it;d be better just to drop in a v8 but I reckon a supercharged 202 would be lush, I've got an sc12 on its way, but any advice on what to do or not to do would be sweet, I have a rough plan but suggestions would be mint

• 4 months later...

So just a little update for now, the grill was pretty stuffed so went for the barbed wire "effect" am pretty stoked at how it turned out and imo fits with the car so i'm happy

DSC01787.jpg

DSC01787.jpg

also got sick of grabbing the thread on the shifter so I knocked this together

DSC01788.jpg

and then thought hey I'll make one for the indicators to match

DSC01789.jpg

• 7 months later...

right so a bit of an update, fixed up some oil leaks and gave the oil pump a bit of a once over, over the weekend, also finally got round to putting the new springs in the front (cheers JB) have kept the ass up at the same height for now anyway. anyway pics:

IMG_3615.jpg

IMG_3617.jpg

Gave the bumpers the tin foil and lemon juice treatment, works way better than I expected.

Back before:

IMG_3620.jpg

After:

IMG_3621.jpg

forgot to take a before of the front but there's probably one up further.

IMG_3618.jpg

IMG_3619.jpg

• 1 year later...