R100's Crizzle

Spencer

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Petes towing will pick it up for $475 and Auckland towing quoted me $600 !!! :shock:

I just got home now. 4 1/2 hours drive at an average speed of 60kmh in my shitty van towing a car transporter with the crown sitting on it.

Its a bit too mint to wreck, mite just drive it for a while. Is registered until december and came with a full tank.

Its a bit too mint to wreck, mite just drive it for a while. Is registered until december and came with a full tank.

:lol: I've heard that before. Youu really are an impatient bastard though, picking it up on the same night as you find out about it. Good shit. Next plan? Will you just put the MS65 on hold for a little while until another engine pops up or until the newer Crown needs some work? You could even just look at swapping the body of your MS65 onto the chassis of the later model one. That would give you a nice ride with IRS etc and be something a bit different.

You could even just look at swapping the body of your MS65 onto the chassis of the later model one. That would give you a nice ride with IRS etc and be something a bit different.

Holy awesome plans batman! Do it R100! 8)

You could of course boost it too and upgrade things a little and then take it to a Manji day and scare the crap out of people.

Yeah it was like a 8 hour round trip from aucks to kerikeri and back. My 2 liter van was in 1st gear going up some of the hills on the way home. Made it back safetly tho. I have so much going on at the moment that i will put the project on hold for a couple of weeks. I have a couple of other cars to sell to give me some more room in the driveway.

I wonder whats involved with swapping the bodys over ? mmm that would definatly be cool. Will see what can be found on the net in regards to this

Yeah it was like a 8 hour round trip from aucks to kerikeri and back. My 2 liter van was in 1st gear going up some of the hills on the way home. Made it back safetly tho. I have so much going on at the moment that i will put the project on hold for a couple of weeks. I have a couple of other cars to sell to give me some more room in the driveway.

I wonder whats involved with swapping the bodys over ? mmm that would definatly be cool. Will see what can be found on the net in regards to this

haha good luck finding anything on the net about it. best plan is to just get hold of a 60 series body pan and lay it on top of that chassis then start cutting shit. Ive had a look at doing this before. was planning on doing it to coupe, its def doable but you would want to ditch the factory rear spring towers and maybe put bags in there as they stick up heaps, think ive got a pic of 140 series chassis

60 series chazza

spence058mediumyf9.jpg

140 series chazza

p7270012mediumsp8.jpg

and more 60 series chazza, featuring the infamous sheepers!!

DSCN0064-1.jpg

check out my build thread there's quite a few more pics of chassis

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10163&hilit=wagon

Cheers Camel, heaps of great info on your build thread. To be honest i dont think i will try sawp the chassis over. There are no real big advantages verses the amout of work involved. I love the shape of my crown but if it was a coupe i would consider putting more time and effort into it.

Cheers Camel, heaps of great info on your build thread. To be honest i dont think i will try sawp the chassis over. There are no real big advantages verses the amout of work involved. I love the shape of my crown but if it was a coupe i would consider putting more time and effort into it.

haha well buy my coupes and do the swap then :lol::lol:

haha well buy my coupes and do the swap then :lol::lol:

Ahhhh yes ive seen your car on trade me.