R100's Crizzle

Spencer

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam has a 2jz with a mid sump in my garage, just buy it swap it to a front sump then flick it. Will by far be the easiest way and apart from a little effort and gas to pick it up etc you will end up with the correct sump for naff all. They aren't easy to find there are alot more supras, soarers, chasers etc around in NZ than 2jz full chassis crowns

i've got a 2jzge out of a later model crown so has the right sump setup etc that im selling if your keen mate, thats the main hassle with fitting them.

This pm is from the last page, perhaps you missed it?

Altho i did remember reading that post i dont know why i didnt enquire about it. Not thinking i guess. Thanks

Yea there are 3 sump styles, that's a rear sump dude. The rear sump will work but you have to notch it and loose a few litres of oil, its still a compromise, the mid sump will allow the engine to sit better.

This pic doesn't show it too well but its all i could find, its a crown mid sump

diag_AuQ8Bg.png

Camel has sold his 2JZ I may just for for a rear sump and modify it. Im guessing ill just need to notch a bit out of the back to allow the steering to clear ? Taking my crown to the workshop on thursday so i still have a few more days to try find a mid sump.

Yea they are like 600+ with the pick up and all the bits you need.

You can notch a rear sump that's how sams wagon is done, you loose probably more than a litre of oil capacity. Plus it still doesn't allow optimal placement of the engine. I would just wait for one

Hey Spencer from my understanding the mid sump only came from the full chassis JZ engine crowns ? A toyota soarer only has a rear sump ? I keep getting people message me saying they have a rear sump from a Toyota soarer, but my guess is they really dont know what there talking about and actually have a rear sump ?

Hey Spencer from my understanding the mid sump only came from the full chassis JZ engine crowns ? A toyota soarer only has a rear sump ? I keep getting people message me saying they have a rear sump from a Toyota soarer, but my guess is they really dont know what there talking about and actually have a rear sump ?

correct. only the crowns had mid sump, hence why they are so rare. Rear sump on the other hand is the most common as alot of the 1jzs that come in from japland have been ripped out of jzz30s

Thanks for the info, the amount of wreckers ive rang who swear they have a middle sump and i explain to them what it looks like etc and it turns out to be a friggin rear sump off a soarer. Some guys try tell me theres no such thing. I had one guy who after several emails saying yup yup yup its DEFINATLY middle sump, even after i send pictures he says yup yup yup. I ring him today to confirm befor i transfer the money to have it shipped, i ask him is it definatly from a crown. He says no, its from a soarer !

I have plenty of people wanting to buy my front sump. But even if i sell it for $1000 it wont help me in my fading quest for a middle sump.