R100's Crizzle

Spencer

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ yea buy that. Basically the only issue is getting a actual JZ mid sump which only came out in factory JZ crowns. Other than that there's not much clearance around the front pulley and the chassis. Also if you use the a340 (factory JZ auto) you will need a later model crown cross member as the box is longer than factory. The rest is normal conversion stuff, wiring, getting the fuel system up to efi spec etc

Yeah i see even the factory front pulley sits very close to the chassis. I ideally would love to retain the factory colum change, shouldnt be a problem though. Cheers for your help guys, Obviously if i can get any pointers on what to do befor i start the conversion helps in the long run. Finally washed it today (first time its seen water in nearly 20 years!) looks pretty nice, gives me more inspiration to doing something good with in.

The bumpers are heading for the scrap pile. Will remove them this weekend. One good thing is they have protected the original bumpers from damage. Not a single dent in them !

That indeed is a big win! I never noticed the overriders in the auction ether, good score

Will wack up some pics of the interior in thr weekend, its tidy but needs a groom. No cracks in the dash, dirty carpet and seats worn on drivers side.

I also picked up a 1JZ VVTi engine today with loom ECU etc. Very clean tidy engine. Was after a 2JZ but got the 1JZ very cheap so no complain. The 1JZ VVTi puts out 162kw and the 2JZ-GE puts out 169kw so not much difference.

I pick up my engine next week, unfortunatly its a front sump, i will have a hunt for a midsump but if no luck ill just tig together a new one.

pm crooked on here, i think he has a mid sump 1j and is getting a front sump so you could score his old sump

Yup thanks, i just sent a message.

I also have a spare 1jz engine and auto here i want to sell or swap the whole thing for a mid sump and say $350 or swap for some crown parts etc.

^ yea buy that. Basically the only issue is getting a actual JZ mid sump which only came out in factory JZ crowns. Other than that there's not much clearance around the front pulley and the chassis. Also if you use the a340 (factory JZ auto) you will need a later model crown cross member as the box is longer than factory. The rest is normal conversion stuff, wiring, getting the fuel system up to efi spec etc

Hey so i need a midsump ? Not a rear sump or is the rear sump refered to as a mid sump or are the JZ engines like the 1UZ engines that come with 3 sump styles ?

If so will a mid sump and a rear sump be ok ? I know the front sump is a lost cause.

Cheers

Is this http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 255156.htm a rear or mid sump ? if you ask me id call it a midsump but maybe its refered to as a rear sump.

126567591_full.jpg

Yea there are 3 sump styles, that's a rear sump dude. The rear sump will work but you have to notch it and loose a few litres of oil, its still a compromise, the mid sump will allow the engine to sit better.

This pic doesn't show it too well but its all i could find, its a crown mid sump

diag_AuQ8Bg.png