R100's Crizzle

Spencer

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah right. I have some KM speedos for the H230 in my box of parts from the guy. I was going to put them in for ease of speed reading, but just the thought of dismantling the dash in it and potentially breaking something put me off. :lol:

Anyway... keen to see more appropriate pictures of the Crown, the auction was pretty shit for them IIRC. Didn't someone scope it in person and it was quite rotten?

Cool at least this has shown up on here, that auction went abit crazy for me. It has some rare parts on it,but what made you bid so high for essentially just a de-reg sedan?
I dont think i payed to much for it. Would of bidded to maybe $2500 tops though as i know where theres another one forsale for $2500. I just bought it cause it looks kool. Mite hit you up for some parts yet. :)

The guy on here in aucks with the crown wags scoped it, family friends of his owned it. He said to me he thought it was fairly bad? been in a carport since 92 he said?

It was parked in there in 1991-2 last registered in 1992, still has the old label on the window. It came with a box of 8 track cassettes !! mean ! It has rust underneath but not what i would call bad. Its bad compared to a brand new car though i guess. Lots of surface rust on the suspension components. Body seems very solid with no rust holes or bubbles. Looks as though its had a few repairs done here and there over the years. Is there anything special about the crown i bought ? Ive been told its quite a rare model. What makes it special if anything ?

It is rare I guess in NZ, its just a facelift jap spec with some sweet options, electric windows etc, I have seen several for sale or being wrecked in Japan.

re the price, don't mean to be rude but I think its a pretty epic price to pay. There was a wof and reg runner (abit rough) in hunterville for 2k, Ive picked up sedans that needed less work for a couple hundy (i was lucky I guess but they are out there). Anyway just saying if you were after a crown you maybe should've shopped around, trademe tends to inflate prices. Could be possible that I'm a jew and this is probably a completely fair price for a harder to come by car these days

Anyway man good luck with this and getting it on the road, will be sweet

It is rare I guess in NZ, its just a facelift jap spec with some sweet options, electric windows etc, I have seen several for sale or being wrecked in Japan.

re the price, don't mean to be rude but I think its a pretty epic price to pay. There was a wof and reg runner (abit rough) in hunterville for 2k, Ive picked up sedans that needed less work for a couple hundy (i was lucky I guess but they are out there). Anyway just saying if you were after a crown you maybe should've shopped around, trademe tends to inflate prices. Could be possible that I'm a jew and this is probably a completely fair price for a harder to come by car these days

Anyway man good luck with this and getting it on the road, will be sweet

Yeah ive seen that one in Hunterville aswell, looked not to bad. Had $2500 asking price on the window which im sure is negotiable. I guess i get bored and jump on trade me sometimes and just buy stuff. I wasnt actually out looking for a crown to buy i just happened to see it there. Trade me is great for inflating prices thats for sure ! Need more cunts like me (and they guy bidding against me) to pay lotsa money for old shit.

Im going to be after some parts though.

Left front guard mirror, chrome strip along front above the grill and my front bench seat is a bit worn. Good luck to me finding another mint seat though...

Gutted, whats wrong with the guard mirror? I think those are close to unobtainable so hopefully it will be repairable. Same goes for the bench seat, but you can always reupholster those. The chrome along the bonnet will be easy to find however.

• 2 weeks later...

Well ive owned this car for over 3 weeks now and havnt even looked at it for the past 10 days. It was just last night actually that i remembered i had bought it. I had totally forgot about it, been too busy with other things and car is not stored at my house. Think i mite sell it as i dont really want it to be completely honest. If anyones interested send me a pm. Would like to get close to what i payed being $1960 cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Ok well i finally picked the crown up today, its been sitting in the shed where i bought it, i havnt had the chance to collect it until today. Got the missus to tow me home approx 20ks back to our house. When she started towing me, the brakes worked mint but after about 5 mins the pedal went straight to the floor. Im guessing the master cylinder needs a reco or maybe the fluid has leaked out one of the wheel cylinders. Hand brake worked mint tho, so she towed me at 25-30kmh.

Anyways after being towed home and finally seeing it in the sunlight i think ill keep it.

The motor doesnt go at the moment and i suspect it has stuck valves. It cranks over ok but seems very low on compression, im yet to compression test it.

Im in 2 minds whether to get the old 2.6 six engine running or just remove and replace with an N/A 2JZ and auto, retaining the colum change.

Id like to keep the classic look about the car, i have no intention of fitting mags and cosmetically the car will look the same.

I could pick up a 2JZ for cheap and have it mounted and running pretty easy.

What do you guys think ? Would i ruin the car by changing the engine or should i fix up the factory 2.6