filthys Fordson

filthy one

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you still running a hilux chassis??? GTR front brakes are pretty easy to setup on the hubs, falcon stud pattern, might be easier and cheaper than converting to late model ford.

cheers

Matt

yea not to sure on the hilux chassis I kinda like the oldschool chassis is has with the mint wishbone reversed leaf suspension setups . Plus talked to the certifier running a later chassis has many complications . I'd need to reg it as scratch built means it needs all the mod cons & expensive reg :rolleyes:

If you went unchopped for now, got it on the road and going then decided to chop it, wouldnt be to much of a misson would it?

Thats true apart from having to pay to re-cert it. But not a big job as i'm gunna run interior-less

As for fenders kinda like the fronts & a mate has a pair of rear steel one from an old f100 stepside so not sure yet .

I'm not sure on the legal side just now either will have to research it all

If anyone know of the top of there head the ltsa site addy for mod & cert regs etc post it up please..

In relation to running no fenders?

LTSA probably wont have it on their website, you need to visit the NZHRA website.

Also you need to get in a hot rod club quick smart, because you need to be part of one as a financial member for atleast a year before you are able to apply for a fender exemption.

Hope this helps, if not ignore me 8)

In relation to running no fenders?

LTSA probably wont have it on their website, you need to visit the NZHRA website.

Also you need to get in a hot rod club quick smart, because you need to be part of one as a financial member for atleast a year before you are able to apply for a fender exemption.

Hope this helps, if not ignore me 8)

Haha yep your helping mate I kinda knew about belonging to a club for a year etc . But i'm about 80% sure i'll run the guards eh to start with anyway.

Is that deck def from a Model T?

Either way, its looks quite similar to a Model A deck.

My old man had an old rusty one from his Model A, but in better condition than that one.

If youre interested, let me know, and Il find out if he sold it or not?

mean do it mate I have no idea if its A or T just going of the guy who gave it to me

Cheers

I say no to modern alloy rims and yes to steels. Rear wheels to be dual.

I say probably not to roof chop but meh.

I say yes to awesome engine choice you have already made

I say no to model T deck and mutha fucking yes to rusty concrete mixer. DO IT!

Make it a concrete mixer truck please.

Prolly the first concrete mixer rat rod in the world (perhaps). You would be world famous overnight (thanks to me and my awesomeness)

P.S. It used to be that you could get a mixer attachment for the back of a tractor. Those mixer barrels were smaller than the commercial truck mounted units but bigger than a portable mixer - probablyabout the perfect size for a wee Fordson. Know anyone in used tractor spares......... :wink:

I say no to model T deck and mutha fucking yes to rusty concrete mixer. DO IT!

Make it a concrete mixer truck please.

Prolly the first concrete mixer rat rod in the world (perhaps). You would be world famous overnight (thanks to me and my awesomeness)

P.S. It used to be that you could get a mixer attachment for the back of a tractor. Those mixer barrels were smaller than the commercial truck mounted units but bigger than a portable mixer - probablyabout the perfect size for a wee Fordson. Know anyone in used tractor spares......... :wink:

Bahahaha you would not beleive it but UJ I was looking at an old mixer type thing here in the yard yesterday & thought exactly what you just said . I then laughed & called myself a fucken idiot & walked off. But you are right it would fit together pretty sweet. Not sure on that one .

Defo no alloys dont worry there

Roof chop undecided till i sit in the thing ..

Duals nup not my thing but very wide steels i think