I got no brakes Please Help.... Fixed, Thank you for help!

LingLing

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

use a torch. should be pretty obvious how to tighten/loosen it off.

also, if its making noise, tighten it a little. not heaps though. just enough so it stops making noise. over tightening will cause excessive wear on your alternator and possibly do damage to your crank pulley and/or crank

there should be one on the adjuster itself, perhaps two one which locks it and the other which loosens/tightens the alternator, and then on the pivot of the alternator usually you undo that bolt a few turns as that would lock it in place too.

also, did you get my PM? have prices for all items now.

gtood is an understatement. i am fucking awesome.

ok the bolt at the top is the hinge, it swings on that one. the adjuster will be underneath and will have a bolt at one end and no bolt at the other, but will have a washer or something holding it to a bracket. if you loosen the hinge bolt, dont undo it, just loosen it enough so that the alternator moves up and down freely, then place the belt over both pulleys and pull the alternator so it tightens. then tighten the adjuster nut so that its nice and firm, then tighten up the hinge bolts again.

BLAMO!

hopefully you still have all your fingers/hands/knob, and i havent given you instructions on how to destroy your engine

air con pump will have hoses going from it to a radiator at the front/infront of water radiator

I'm pretty sure I only have one big radiator that's the engine one.

So it shouldn't have a Air con then... but since it's a old car so all the air con components could been removed?

Also, I don't feel any resistance when I spin it... hmm, will check it out tomorrow.

does it look like the pulley is attached to an air con pump? there will be a clutch in that pully if its an air con pump so it will spin free when the air con is not engaged.

Yeh, sorry guys, My car has Air con. the Unknown pulley IS the Air con pump.

There IS a second Radiator that in front of the Engine Radiator. They are exactly the same size so I missed judged it...

BTW, I done all my Driving belts.

Took me a while, but next time I can do all these in a hour.

What I found is I Really Need some Good Spanners!!! And Better Socket set!

+1 but i do suggest getting a haines manual for the cambelt

once you've done one you'll be sweet

agreed. haynes manual may be hard to find for dieseasel version but well worth the money if your gonna keep the car

Too be honest guys, I've been hunting for the manul for a while now, have not yet seen any.

The only reason I would sell this car will be i found a better one or a later model with 2c engine.