Yoeddynz's 1985 Hino N0915 housetruck build.

yoeddynz

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah- its good little machine- i'll heed your warning too as we dont wanna break it. Its not as noisy as I thought it would be either- in fact the ryobi table saw is far noisier!

Its the first time I have ever used a thicknesser and man its cool- beats a sander any day!

cheers fellas. glad your enjoying it! Shit its gonna take ages though now. I'm not exactly a wood worker- you wait- your in for a giggle from here on now.

I'm going to try my best but the workmanship will not be pretty that's for sure. The woodwork will look better if i gave the cat the job to do.

I'm really hoping to get some rafters up today- maybe even some of the ply roofing too.

Cheers dudes,

I am actually quite careful with the chainsaw- always try and keep away from potential kickback etc.

Jusst scored three big slabs of walnut or something so there will be more sawing coming up :D

Frame work- over cab is about 3m from headboard to front. height of bedrrom walls is 1.3m and a .3m pitch. max height is about 4.1 at front. rear will be a bit higher- almost max at 4.25.

deck is 6m long. rear over hang at veranda is 1m and a further .4m up high. so max rear overhang.

Every so often I start getting all stressed thinking about its size, speed and overhangs but I have to sit back and remember that its not going to be a truck we tiki tour about here and there like a van- its going to be a big bloody house that just so happens to move. And its still nowhere near as big as some truck out there. I'll just take it easy and cruise- sit back and relax :D

yo eddy is the model of my old classic mountain bike made by fat city cycles in boston. I have had it since 1991. Still my favorite frame.

So when i got a hotmail account many moons ago its the user name i used as all the alex this and thats had been used. Its sort of stuck now as my default user name on any forum.

I keep getting called eddy in emails for some reason.?

Yo Eddy NZ?

I didnt even think of that until you said it lol.

Interesting choice of favourite frame, I personally would go with a Brooklyn Link Bike or Zumbi F44 as my favourite.

Sometime when your house truck is built if your in the neighbourhood of htown feel free to call in and have a chat