Yoeddynz's 1985 Hino N0915 housetruck build.

yoeddynz

It didnt take me long to fix em and cost me nothing but a smidge of CO2 :D

Plus- its soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more satisfying doing it this way! other than the rust they were perfect and work well with no wobbles or vibration on door.

I like the old internationals.. and old volvos.. and scanias, kenworths, macks, erfs, fodens. could have a whole yard of them but for lack of money and space :D

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep- I drilled a big hole in it :D And it will get filled with some waxoyl before being fitted back in place. It should outlast the truck now...

How much should I expect to pay for a new filter? I was going to try local BNT as they are well friendly and support local places that help eh!

Yeah- the old fuck who owned is a right fucking miserable bastard. But he seems to have looked after his trucks so thats all we care! :)

I can't remember what an 0915 corresponds to in hino shassis code speak. it's eitehr an fd164la (w06e engine) or an fd174ka (eh700 engine) i think being a 150 it'll be eh700 (paper element filter) which would be about $20 tops.

alternatively go to heslops in kotua place in stoke, ask for paul in parts and tell him cam from multispares told you to give you a sweet deal. not sure how much his would be but yuh.

WICKED! :D cheers for that! next time we in nelson - which will be soon as we need some other pretty wood for rafters etc - I will pop in and see Paul then.

The fella we bought truck off gave us Multispares phone number off the top of his head- he must ring you all the time eh? I think he got all the engine parts for the rebuild from you fellas but not sure. I know he just rings up and orders anything he needs and passes it over it to his mechanics. He still has several trucks - nissans? but I dont know if he his getting out of the business or passing it on to his sons.

Have you got a code of construction to follow?

I am seriously amped to build one similar but on a 2 axle trailer chassis instead (cheaper to COF with less repairs and no engine to worry about) - I know several people with tractor units to haul it when needed. But I'll have to buy a tractor unit if I want to tour the country for an extended period but can do that when needed..

cool Bus Tortron. Quite big. Is it diesel? I notice it has an extra set of legs to help it up hills.

Euron8 - I will contact you and tell you when to put the kettle on and pack the bong.

KK... - as long as you build it onto a deck or something that is 'bolted' to the chassis and not permanantly attached you can go for gold. Just need to stick within the dimensions allowed.

Tractor and trailer would be great too. And there have been some wicked old classy classic tractor units up for sale. Who cares if they are slow when you would only have to pay historic license fee on them. And if you get an old petrol one just run it on LPG.

cool Bus Tortron. Quite big. Is it diesel? I notice it has an extra set of legs to help it up hills.

Euron8 - I will contact you and tell you when to put the kettle on and pack the bong.

KK... - as long as you build it onto a deck or something that is 'bolted' to the chassis and not permanantly attached you can go for gold. Just need to stick within the dimensions allowed.

Tractor and trailer would be great too. And there have been some wicked old classy classic tractor units up for sale. Who cares if they are slow when you would only have to pay historic license fee on them. And if you get an old petrol one just run it on LPG.

what are tha allowable dimensions (overhang?)

cool picture...how did you draw it so it doesnt have smudges and rubber marks all over it? I want to know or is it a secret? I like the plants. Must have plants. Illegal ones of course.

once you have a trailer then it doesnt need to cost a lot if you take time sourcing cheap materials. steel is the most expensive bit for us but so far it has only been $1500 split between two people.

Overhangs...see here....

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/facts ... a/13a.html

For a truck you can go 3m in front of drivers seat!!!!! :shock: We are going maybe 1 meter and thats enough.

Out back we are going to the limit of 70% wheelbase hence we wanted as long a wheelbase as possible. Height we are going to 4.2m

cool picture...how did you draw it so it doesnt have smudges and rubber marks all over it? I want to know or is it a secret? I like the plants. Must have plants. Illegal ones of course.

once you have a trailer then it doesnt need to cost a lot if you take time sourcing cheap materials. steel is the most expensive bit for us but so far it has only been $1500 split between two people.

Overhangs...see here....

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/facts ... a/13a.html

For a truck you can go 3m in front of drivers seat!!!!! :shock: We are going maybe 1 meter and thats enough.

Out back we are going to the limit of 70% wheelbase hence we wanted as long a wheelbase as possible. Height we are going to 4.2m

Use Microsoft Visio for the drawing - tis very easy - chucked that picture together in less than 20 minutes - I haven't figured out how its going to work yet - once I get a trailer and the dimensions I will actually settle down for a week and do some detailed drawings how all the opening and closing bits will work together - like the last pair of stairs at the rear folding up etc (I ain't no architect but enjoy doing shit like this)

Thanks for the info - I hope this thread never gets deleted cos its got some valuable information IMO..

Cheeers

hey was just thinking when you take it out on the street to check for gutter clearance make sure you take into account the lack of weight on the tray at present... unless truck springs are magical and don't sag... sure you've thought about this and after reading the comments dicovered how you come up with your ideas... electric puha has that effect! Good shit...

Also are you gana A-frame the Viva? Wanna see that too when you make it to Ak!!!

cheers mr crazytim. I will remember that. I dont think it will drop a lot though. We will ere on the side of caution anyway. In the future if we end up with a particularly bad gutter to enter we might carry some blocks of wood to fill it with. But hopefully it wont come to that.