Yoeddynz's 1985 Hino N0915 housetruck build.

yoeddynz

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

very waterproof! We used this bloody good, bloody expensive rubber paint from aussie land. Its worth it. This time round though we might use shingles. Or possibly thatch the roof...

joke

the thatching that is.

shingles would be very hillbilly. cool.

Your my hero.

I want to be a gypsy although the unshowered, potato sack look really isnt me. :mrgreen:

I love the ones that look like an actually house crudley attached to a truck. The smoothed walled(plywood etc) clad ones are average.

As per your last one, please install woodburning stove/fireplace. Cause they just scream safety :D

Final request: Deck on top for OTP and BBQs

Yep- deck on top for sure!

Pot bellys etc are all fine and dandy- so long as you aint driving along with it going.

In england hannah and I drove my old Iveco camper up the M40 with snow about and had the potbelly stove going- traffic was bad and driving was slow. We felt sooooo cosy!

Heres a pic...

Viewfrombedinvan2.jpg

So stoves are OK. I guess ya cant go lighting it in controlled smoke zones- chch etc? I cant see anyone saying something. In 2006 while I was working at a pushbike shop in chch we used to park everynight at top of Bonevale ave and have the fire going. No one said a thing.

Yeah- we are gypsies to a point- mainly just the living as cheap as possible so we can spend money elsewhere (cars...)

I hate renting- filling someone else's pockets with money. we'll still have to rent a place to park but its usually cheap. We were paying $12 each a week in Oxford inc water! cheap as living - plus I was allowed to build that garage and have as many cars as we wanted! happiness.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a passing thought, im rebuilding a motorhome (run of the mill camper style ) and have to replace a couple of windows and fit a new one, im told they have to be proper safty glass and all motorhomes/campers/house trucks have to have safty glass fitted in all windows.

just thought id let you know so if its the case you may have to fit the right type glass.

cheers for the warning cruiser! we came across that when building the last one. Two ways about it- either use safety glass. OR use shutters over the windows.

When I was speaking to a certifier (peter wasney) he said that actually you dont need to bother so long as no one is allowed to travel inside the 'house' . I'm gonna check it out further.

Hannah and I have been looking at Trademe tonight and these two housetrucks have popped up for sale...

This one is very similar to what we want the outside to look like....

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... -271493597.

Its got a nice simple pop out. Its a little bit twee inside but still fucking nice!

heres some photos off the listing so when it ends there will still be some photos for ya all to see..

ht1.jpg

ht2.jpg

ht3.jpg

ht4.jpg

And then there is this one which I just gotta say WOW... very effective use of slide outs and great space. Much nicer and more like a proper home than the big expensive plastic buses that rich old silvertops kick about in.

Its the exact same cab as ours but sitting on 20" wheels not 16". Plus bigger engine. Long overhang out back! Not that keen on outside but thats because I'm a flakey old hippie and I like wood. But it certainly looks built to last. Fucking fair play to the builder!!! good job!....

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 998781.htm

And once again here's some photos pinched off the listing...

ht5.jpg

ht6.jpg

ht7.jpg

ht8.jpg