Yoeddynz's 1985 Hino N0915 housetruck build.

yoeddynz

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I like the internationals but not touching something petrol though. I imagine that is an ex- firetruck? The fire brigade we are in used to have an international with a v8 petrol. It was sold locally for $5k and is now owned by the local backpackers. He's not using it. I should really go kick its tyres....

Which Is why I'd be kicking tyres. Purely to be that annoying barry who let's on that he's interested but really only wants a test drive because he has always wondered just how nice sounding, but slow, a v8 petrol truck might be but has no intention to purchase. 

But i shouldn't because I'm better then that barry (as barry as i am) 

• Thanks 1

The idea with the next truck is that its not permanently attached so we can keep it on the road and use it if need be as a hauler. I'll be getting my tsl licence as needed. It might be that we only keep it legal for the summer months. The next truck wont be as long and will be way easier to 'pack up' for a trip.  I'm just not a fan of petrol trucks. I like the sound of a diesel idling away :-)

This above is also why I'm happier to go for a slightly more modern truck to drive. The Hino is perfect in this respect but looking at similar trucks from the same era.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/10/2020 at 13:30, yoeddynz said:

There's one sitting here in Motueka. Been there ages. I imagine @Slacker_Sam. Knows what the deal is with it.

But yeah.. A bit too small and least fine I drove my series 2  i owned any distance it killed my legs. Wasn't comfy. 

Its one of those mystery vehicles. Gone now i think. 

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Heya-  the only requirement is that the glass is either toughened or covered with Lexan (not perspex/acrylic) - or just shuttered over for travel/cof test. This is so joe blogs doesn't get a huge shard of house window pane slicing through him if a window was to get smashed etc etc.

We did a mixture of lexan on most of the leadlight windows, which happens to nicely act as a double glazing, or toughened glass made to size.

For the latest cof, after we had added a large window, we made a shutter to fit over the window for travelling. Its not pretty but works.

Cof man was super chilled and really didn't give a shit about the house part. He just wanted to know the truck was safe. (house is considered a load)

Different story for buses or any vehicle where occupants can legally be seated in the rear while vehicle is moving- in that case windows must be toughened or covered in lexan on BOTH sides- again due to risks from shards of glass in an accident.

EDit- just saw your pm but will keep answer up on here for advice for others eh.

Oh and yeah- rego as motor home. Cant remember the benefits . Might be cheaper rego plus not needing a TSL etc

Work

It's a chiller converted. Full on Barry. There's copious amounts of bed liner and silicone on the cab roof to stop leaks, solar led lights glued to the outside, even Barry sharn starter notes stuck to the dash board. 

He's got what looks like acrylic for side windows, I though that it not being a passenger compartment it was ok, but apparently not. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1